February 13, 2007 in Music and Recording (E)
[prMac.com] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SARATOGA, CA—February 13, 2007-Chaotic Software today announced the release of a major update to Media Rage, version 3.0.
Media Rage is a collection of tools for media enthusiasts using Mac OS X. Media Rage can read and edit information stored in MP3, MP4, AAC, FLAC, BWF, AIFF, WAVE, and Ogg Vorbis audio files in an easy and powerful manner. Media Rage can assist in cataloging, organizing, sorting, and updating thousands of media files with ease.
“Media Rage 3.0 continues the Chaotic tradition of providing customers with powerful new features at a reasonable cost. It proves once again to be the most flexible media file manager available, and gets more powerful with each release. Version 3.0 contains loads of new features, and many bug fixes and refinements,” said Todd Ogi, Product Manager for Media Rage.
Pricing & Availability
Media Rage is available immediately for $29.95. Current users of Media Rage versions 1 and 2, or users of MP3 Rage can upgrade for $9.95. Purchases can be made via Chaotic Software's online store. Media Rage requires Mac OS X, version 10.3.9 or later. A 7-day free trial is available for download from Chaotic Software's website.
Chaotic Software has been a leader in innovative software solutions since 1996, providing a wide range of products tailored to the needs of Macintosh users, including the ubiquitous and acclaimed MP3 tag editor, MP3 Rage.
A few of Media Rage features:
- Supports reading and writing information in AAC, MP3, FLAC, BWF, AIFF, WAVE, and Ogg Vorbis audio files.
- Reads EXIF tags from digital camera image files.
- Supports reading and writing Unicode data.
- Fully multi-threaded, providing a responsive user experience.
- Built for Mac OS X from the ground up, adopting Mac OS X UI guidelines and widgets.
- Artwork Search – find artwork on the internet and add it to your media files.
- Convert Filenames To Data - add media file information from a media file's name, or your disk folder hierarchy.
- Catalog Creator - easily create catalogs of your files in a flexible manner.
- Data Mover – move/swap/replace data from one field to another.
- FreeDB Tagger - easily update your audio files with the assistance of the FreeDB database.
- Media Scrubber - allow quick viewing, comparing, copying, and in-line editing of your media files.
- Player - a simple player is included for sampling of songs without adding them to your iTunes library.
- QuickEdit – read and edit the contents of MP3, AAC, FLAC, BWF, WAVE, and Ogg audio files.
- Organizer - move, copy, link or alias a collection of files on your disk with ease.
- Data Changer - batch modify thousands of files in a single click!
- Dashboard and Toolbar windows allow quick access to 20+ tools.
- and much more!
Improvements in Media Rage 3.0 (from 2.6.1) include:
New Tools & Apps:
- [Feature] new Tool Chain window - enables running some of Media Rage's diverse toolset in a sequential manner.
- [Feature] new Music Exporter tool - converts files between supported QuickTime formats (e.g. mp3/mp4 -> AIFF, AIFF -> AVI, etc.).
- [Feature] new Data Remover tool - can remove specific metadata from files (e.g. ID3 tag frames).
- [Feature] new command line version of the Data Changer tool for use in your own scripts, apps, etc.
- [Feature] The Media Rage package now includes the 'TuneHound' iTunes accessory application.
- [Feature] Create M3U Simple, M3U Extended, and PLS formatted playlists (via the Data Import/Export tool).
Existing Tool Enhancements:
- [Feature] All Tools - Added support for reading/writing IRSC (International Standard Recording Code) frames in MP3 files.
- [Feature] All Tools - Allow use of IRSC information in regular Expressions (use '%i' in expressions).
- [Feature] All Tools - Added support for reading/writing "Album Artist" data in MP4/AAC files (this is the same thing as the 'Band Or Orchestra' Tag Frame in MP3 files).
- [Feature] All Tools - Allow use of Album Artist (Orchestra) information in regular Expressions (use '%o' in expressions).
- [Feature] All Tools - Allow use of comment information in regular Expressions (use '%m' in expressions).
- [Feature] All Tools - Added support for reading/writing 'Description' meta data for MP3/MP4.
- [Feature] All Tools - Allow use of Description information in regular Expressions (use '%P' in expressions).
- [Feature] QuickEdit - Added display of raw comment values for Ogg Vorbis files.
- [Feature] QuickEdit - Added read/write of Podcast information for MP3 files.
- [Feature] QuickEdit - Can read/write Kind data in MP4/AAC files.
- [Feature] Convert Filenames To Data - now allows use of Comment data in the Folder Structure popups.
- [Feature] FreeDBTagger - Added support for more than one FreeDB server - added TrackType.org to the list of available sites.
- [Feature] Data Changer - Added ability to remove all 'artist' articles.
- [Feature] Data Changer - Added ability modify Podcast information for MP3 files.
- [Feature] Data Changer - Can read/write Network/Show/Episode/Season/Kind data in MP4/AAC files.
- [Feature] Data Mover - Allow 'Lyrics' to be a destination field for data, or the swapping of data.
- [Feature] Album Browser - Added a 'reload' button to easily refresh the contents of all files loaded into the window.
- [Feature] All tools can now [optionally] force iTunes to refresh information about a media file when it is updated.
- [Feature] Added support for Smart Crash Reports (download the support software here: http://smartcrashreports.com/).
- [Bug Fix] Fix state of the progress sheet where the Cancel button could be clicked multiple times leading to a potential crash.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed bug in cataloger output where the missing data text would be put into a "skipped" field when it should not. Thanks to Sean!
- [Bug Fix] Fixed bug in CMM that was preventing it from being able to open all media files in the Finder. Thanks to Stoney!
- [Bug Fix] Fixed bug in Import/Export that was preventing writing data into empty data fields.
- [Bug Fix] Fix tool icon disappearance in the Dashboard.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed problem with "run away" FreeDB queries that could lock up the computer by using all available system RAM.
- [Bug Fix] Prevent multiple simultaneous openings of the Preferences window.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed internet artwork search for the FreeDBQuery tool window.
Chaotic Software has been a leader in innovative software solutions since 1996, providing a wide range of products tailored to the needs of Macintosh users, including the ubiquitous and acclaimed MP3 tag editor, Media Rage.