ProteMac introduces ProteMac Security Suite 1.0 for Mac OS X
January 19, 2010 in Networks and FTP
[prMac.com] Saint-Petersburg, Russia - Computer software company ProteMac, already known for such products as ProteMac Netmine, ProteMac Meter and ProteMac Keybag, today announces ProteMac Security Suite - an internet security package for comprehensive protection of Mac computers against all kinds of software threats, e.g. spyware, Trojans, viruses, unwanted intrusions and network attacks.
ProteMac Security Suite includes two products: ProteMac Netmine and ProteMac Meter - a firewall and a network traffic logger. This is a perfect combination for providing a Mac user with superior security - both in the Internet and within a local network.
ProteMac Netmine included in the program suite is a firewall. It is aimed to protect both individual computers and corporate networks from dangerous attacks that may generate from internet or local network. ProteMac Netmine is a two-way firewall, so that all incoming and outgoing traffic can be easily monitored and controlled. The application alarms when an unauthorized, suspicious or hostile entry is attempted.
A user can define whether the firewall should utilize a default-deny policy, a default-allow policy or manual mode. ProteMac Netmine is indispensable for Internet safety-aware users - it prevents the unauthorized access to a computer, thus protecting the system from accidental or malicious harm.
A standard network traffic logger is an application that keeps logs from network usage, that is, how many bytes was sent and received from your network interface. It is essential for maintaining a safe network and diagnosing network and Internet connections and speeds.
ProteMac Security Suite contains ProteMac Meter, an advanced kind of a traffic logger. The program allows a user to view what applications access the Internet and/or the local network, how much traffic and bandwidth is used by any certain application and displays real time connection speed. ProteMac Meter not only alarms a user if a specified bandwidth or traffic volume is reached, but also pinpoints which programs may be causing problems.
All the statistics can be viewed in daily, weekly or monthly formats. The program can provide an advanced user with such additional information as remote address/port, total transferred bytes, average speed, and is understandable and convenient for a common user. Powerful protection, reliability and simplicity are the key aspects of ProteMac Security Suite. We have made a great effort to develop an efficient product.
Feature highlights include:
* Protection from viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms, bots and rootkits with the two-way firewall
* Network security maintenance
* Network monitoring
* Detailed information of all incoming and outgoing TCP/IP traffic and data
* Network activity real time visualization
* Unwanted intrusion prevention
* Simple and advanced firewall modes
* Creating a log of each connection session
* Recording start/stop time, application, remote address/port, total transferred bytes and average speed
* Network traffic statistics reports
* Multiple network connection interfaces monitoring
* Daily, weekly and monthly statistics formats
* Alarms for traffic volume, application usage, bandwidth amount or time
* Stopwatch to time downloads and transfer rates
* User-friendly intuitive interface
Minimum system requirements:
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or 10.5 Leopard
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 12.4 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
ProteMac Security Suite is available for only 49.95 USD (Single License), and may be downloaded directly from the Macvide website.
Located in historic St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, Intelus, Ltd. is a privately funded company founded in 2002. Leveraging their longtime experience in the video industry, Intelus' goal is to develop best-of-breed tools for the Mac platform, and lead to the creation of Macvide. Copyright 2002-2010 Intelus, Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.