January 29, 2010 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Beaumont, Texas - Yesterday Apple unveiled their latest creation, the iPad. It's a tablet device that is basically a giant iPhone. One of the best features is that virtually all iPhone and iPod Touch Apps are compatible with this new and exciting device! Which means that you can already print from the iPad using the current version of ActivePrint for the iPhone!
However, there are several features that are going to be made available to app developers that we will be adding to ActivePrint. Among these new features is the ability to print common office documents including word processor documents, spreadsheets, and presentations!
And you will still be able to easily print photos, contacts, plain text, and web pages to any printer that you can connect to a Windows PC! It doesn't matter what printer you have. Print while you're on the go with ActivePrint on your new Apple iPad!
Here are some of the features available in this new version of ActivePrint 7 for your iPhone or iPod Touch:
* Print photos from your photo album or your device's camera
* Print the contents of your device's clipboard, letting you easily print content from other apps!
* Print contacts from the address book and web pages
* Print plain text from a built in notepad screen
* Support for multiple copies, portrait/landscape printing, different quality of printing, and color or black & white printing
* Print via any internet connect (Wi-Fi or EDGE/3G network)
* Support for practically any printer available in the market
* iPhone or iPod Touch 3.2 or later, iPad 3.2 or later
* A printer connected to a Windows PC via USB/WiFi/Network
* A printer connected to a Mac OSX via USB/WiFi/Network (coming in March)
Pricing and Availability:
ActivePrint 7.0 is only $3.99 (USD) and is available worldwide exclusively through the AppStore in the Productivity category.
Founded in 2002 as Pocket Watch Software by Charles W. Teel, our company launched what has continued to be our lead product, ActivePrint. Charles developed the idea of ActivePrint as a college student after getting his first Pocket PC. In class he would write pages and pages of notes on his Pocket PC but would have to manually copy those files to his desktop computer and then print them one at a time. Frustrated, he looked for a software alternative to make this process simpler. But the closest thing he could find would require another $400 of hardware and software, and even then it wouldn't fully automate the process. So Charles set out to develop ActivePrint, the first and only mobile printing application that gives users the ability to print right out of the box at an affordable price (even for college students). Pocket Watch Software continued to develop the ActivePrint technology to make it more effective. After reorganizing Pocket Watch Software to Pocket Watch LLC, we continue the legacy of making technology work for our customers.