February 9, 2010 in Health and Fitness (E)
[prMac.com] Phoenix, Arizona - G-Monkey Productions, the creator of iBacon the iPhone App, is proud to announce the #iBaconLove Twitter contest. One lucky winner will win 2lbs of gourmet bacon shipped right to their door. The Winner will be announced on Valentines Day at 6pm (Mountain Time).
* Enter to win by tweeting the contest phrase.
* Contestants are allowed to enter once per day (by re-tweeting the contest phrase).
* Last chance to enter is 5:00pm (Mountain time), Sunday February 14th, 2010.
* Winner will be announced on Sunday February 14th, 2010, at 6:00 pm (Mountain time), and contacted via twitter with further instructions.
* Contestants must reside in the Continental US and the prize must be shipped to a Continental US address.
* G-monkey Productions reserves the right to make changes to the contest as necessary.
About iBacon: a game you'll flip over:
ibacon is a "novelty game app" that uses 30 fps video loops to cook real bacon! Users can pinch virtual cooking tongs to flip individual slices, and even tilt to pour off the bacon grease, tilt to eat bacon (similar to drinking beer app), as well as shake to turn off the smoke alarm... plus more.
Vegetarian approved, eat bacon guilt free! This is the first iPhone game to use 30fps video as the basis for the game, bringing a "bacon realism" that keeps users hungering for bacon! Check out the company website for screen shots and a video demo of the game (see link below). Additionally, below, there is a direct link to the Apple iTunes store for the game.
You dream of becoming a three-star chef (Michelin Rating) and you LOVE bacon! You didn't attend the Culinary Institute of America and you haven't won any James Beard Awards, you just love bacon, and you like it cooked to sizzling perfection! Impress your friends as you cook bacon right on your iPhone or iPod touch, taking it from Raw to Cooked by using virtual tongs to flip this universally delicious pork product. Shot in HB video (HB = Hot Bacon), this "game simulator" is the first of its kind, using full-motion video as the basis for the game. It will make everyone wonder: what's that mouth-watering sizzle coming from your iPhone/iPod touch? Answer: ibacon!
ibacon takes full advantage of multi-touch, vibrate, and the accelerometer to:
* Pinch: Use your fingers to pinch the cooking tongs, and flip each individual slice of bacon to hot, smokey perfection!
* Pour: Drain off any accumulated bacon grease by tilting your device to the left.
* Shake: If your bacon sets off the smoke alarm, shake the device to turn on the exhaust fan and cool that bacon down!
* Splat: Swipe left or right to clear off grease splatters!
* Eat: When your bacon is perfectly cooked, press the "eat bacon" button and tilt the device to the right or left to eat your bacon (note: the author of this game does not condone eating raw or undercooked bacon - please be sure to cook your bacon fully before eating).
* Sights and Sounds: Hear your bacon crackle and pop as it cooks. See puffs of smoke and feel the device vibrate as grease splatters right on your screen (and the cook-top). You can almost smell that bacon-y goodness.
* iPhone (all models) and iPod touch (Gen 1, 2 and 3)
* Requires OS 2.2.1 or later
* Tested and runs on iPhone 3GS and OS 3.1.2
* 35.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ibacon: a game you'll flip over is $0.99 (USD) and can be found in the game simulation category, as well as Health and Fitness category.
Founded in January 2009 and located in Phoenix, Arizona, G-Monkey Productions LLC is committed to producing innovative applications for the iPhone and iPod touch! We have more applications currently in development, so be sure to check our company website often for the latest from the G-Monkey gang. Copyright 2009-2010 G-Monkey Productions LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.