February 10, 2010 in Business (E)
[prMac.com] Cupertino, CA - The epiPhone Coders Guild, developers of iSpend, have released the latest version of this seasoned, professional expense tracker. iSpend, known for longevity and quality, is one of the originals from App Store's opening day and winner of App of the Week from Apple. Business travelers have benefitted from iSpend's experience since that time, enjoying a rich array of easy-to-use features. With iSpend version 4.0 they can backup, share and restore their expense logs, using the free Google Docs service for cloud computing.
iSpend is the brainchild of epiPhone Coders' CTO, Arnie Cachelin. "The hassle and confusion of constructing expense reports long after the trip is done, based only on a handful of crumpled receipts is what inspired this app," he explains. "You lose money and time when your reports aren't accurate. Tracking on the go is critical, and the iPhone promised a powerful and elegant platform for organizing your expenses on the road, while they are still fresh in your mind."
Cachelin successfully developed a solution to the problem with his iSpend application. Users can enter their business and travel expenditures into an expense log, take a photo of the receipt from within the app, email expense reports and much more, right from their iPhone or iPod Touch. Now, users can also take advantage of Google's Document and Spreadsheet cloud computing services not only for for editing, submitting, sharing, and printing their expenses, but also for one-touch backup and restore of the internal expense log data.
The app's interface is flexible and simple to use, with an efficient workflow tailored for fast expense entry on the go. Options such as a collapsible expense list outline, customizable categories and payment types, templates, currency conversion, hourly and mileage rate calculations, as well as a host of other features that make iSpend indispensable to anyone with business or travel receipts.
Expenses do need a way of getting off a user's phone and making it to an accountant. iSpend offers a direct web server export of nicely formatted HTML versions of the expense reports, or spreadsheet-friendly CSV standard data. iSpend users can ready their reports for submission by exporting to Google Docs, Google Spreadsheet or by emailing exported reports and CSV data for use in Excel, Numbers etc.
* Outliner mode: collapse entire categories to totals
* Live cost summaries, hide unused categories
* Customizable categories
* Customizable Payment types, date export format
* Customizable per-category units system for mileage, hourly costs and different currencies/exchange rates within a log
* Custom category and payment type templates
* Flexible expense log notes, exported as report header
* Email export expense log to Excel, Numbers, etc. via CSV format
* Export expenses to Google Docs (requires a free Google account setup) as report or spreadsheet
* Set different currency for each log
* Snap photos of receipts from within the app, store in iPhone camera roll for easy access from any app
* Negative entries shown in red to make budgeting or per diem accounting easy
* Available in English, German, French, Spanish
* Free support on user forum or by emailing, epiphonecoders at mac dot com
* In-app email with attachments
iSpend has been around since the beginning. It was one of the original seven hundred apps that the Apple Store offered on opening day. Users are reaping the benefit of all that longevity and experience with this feature rich app. They no longer have to suffer the frustration of recreating their expense reports from faded receipt, as iSpend has delivered the tools for fast, easy relief.
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 0.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iSpend 4.0 is only $9.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Business category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
epiPhone Coders Guild is a small team of Mac software development veterans creating apps on the platform of the future. With 40 man-years of professional software development experience, we pride ourselves on delivering reliable, polished apps with a focus on efficient, enjoyable workflow. Copyright (C) 2010 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover & Edward Turner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.