February 10, 2010 in Multimedia (F)
[prMac.com] Cagnes-sur-Mer, France - MovieConverter today announces the release of MovieConverter-Studio 1.54, an update to their set of video tools for Mac OS X. Convert to DVD-Video, convert AVCHD files to iMovie or FinalCut, etc. "MovieConverter-Studio simplifies the process of converting video files from one format to another, maintaining quality while eliminating technical complexity" (extract from The Kleper Report, 2009).
Version 1.54 brings many new improvements including:
* Setup Wizard: to help you to set your preferences
* Your HD editings (from iMovie or FinalCut) are better converted to DVD
* The DVD preset "quality: superior" now produces a higher quality, while being faster and more compatible than previously
* FinalCut nomore complains with DV output
* Correction: the "Cut of the beginning" feature could cause a very noticeable decline in quality
* Correction: The 5.1 audio from your .mkv will be no more converted to mono during standard conversions (PAL<->NTSC)
* Correction: No more out-of-synch with DVB containing H264 video + AAC audio
* Correction: No more concerns with these same files captured via EyeTV and its Program Guide (audio extraction failed)
* Correction : Multiplexing module: Multiplex elementaries streams often failed
* All modules: Better management of audio and video starts within a single file (to keep them synchronized)
* Free update for all users
Feature highlights include:
* Encoding module (for DVD or DV):
Unlike other video apps, MovieConverter automatically fixes all your difficulties (anamorphic or interlaced files, standard conversion PAL-NTSC -without jerk- to conform videos to your television specifications). But MovieConverter handles simple video too.
* FREE HD Module: Convert videos from your camcorder HD (AVCHD, TOD and Sanyo) into QuickTime compatible files (ready for iMovie -HD, '08 or '09- and FinalCut) (PS: no need to register ;)).
* DVD-Video Module: Automatically create a DVD-Video with menus, thumbnails and captions (from Encoding Module or reuse your EyeTV files). 3 minutes maximum to prepare all your DVD settings.
* Modify module: without re-encoding (eg: to conform streams from your JVC Everio to DVD-Video, etc).
* Mux Module: combine audio(s), video(s) and subtitles into a single MPEG.
* Demux Module: extract audio(s), video(s) and subtitles too! MovieConverter Studio, expert's functions "for dummies".
* Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.6, or Leopard 10.5.x, or Snow Leopard
* Universal Binary for PowerPC (G4 Processor) and Intel
* QuickTime 7.1.3 or higher
MovieConverter-Studio 1.5 is only 15 euros (approximately $20) for personal and private use.
MovieConverter-Studio provides a software since 2005 to broadcasters, production agencies, and home movie makers. Because everyone is not a video technician, but because everyone has the right to quality, MovieConverter-Studio offers a reliable and easy software, usable by all.