November 27, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Winnipeg, Canada - November 26, 2007 - ZappTek is proud to announce its version 2.1 update of iPresent It, their easy to use slideshow-to-iPod utility for Mac OS X. iPresent It allows anyone to easily convert PowerPoint, PDF or Keynote presentations into slideshows that are synced with their iPod. This makes iPresent It particularly suited for doing presentations on the go: never carry a laptop into a presentation again.
Version 2.1 adds the ability to save slideshows to Aperture, in addition to iPhoto and a folder, and fixes a problem with manipulating Keynote under Leopard.
- Save slideshows to Aperture.
- Improved Keynote support under Leopard.
Feature Highlights in Version 2.1:
* Works with any iPod with a color display.
* Optimizes slideshows for viewing via an iPod or Apple TV.
* Create slideshow images from any of your Keynote, PowerPoint or PDF presentations.
* Automatically save slideshows to iPhoto or Aperture.
* Easily update slideshows whenever changes are made to a presentation.
* Full drag and drop support for adding presentations.
* Easily remove slideshows when they are no longer needed.
* Preview slides as they're converted into a slideshow.
* Works with digital cameras and projectors that support USB flash drives.
* US English
* Requires Mac OS X v10.3 or later
* 1 MB Hard Drive space
* Any iPod with a color screen
Use the + button to add PowerPoint, Keynote and PDF files. In the preferences select iPhoto or a Folder for saving slideshows. After that use the Create Slideshows button to convert the presentations into slideshows. They'll be transferred to iPod the next time you sync via iTunes.
To run a presentation, connect the iPod to a projector or television using an iPod A/V cable provided by Apple. Select the presentation within "Photos" and press the play button to start the presentation. You'll need to make sure you have TV Out activated. We suggest that you select "Manual" for the iPod's "Time Per Slide" setting this will ensure you have full control of your presentation.
Purchasing iPresent It:
iPresent It 2.1 remains priced at $17.95 USD with free update for existing users. The trial version limits slideshows to the first 6 slides of a presentation. Users can purchase from within iPDA by selecting "Purchase iPresent It ..." in the application menu or visit the ZappTek website.
Based in Winnipeg, Canada, ZappTek was founded by Michael Zapp in 2002. Beginning with tools to bring calendar and note information into the Contact entries of the original iPod, ZappTek now provides a suite of applications to meet every need. These include iPresent It for giving presentations on the iPod, iPDA for personal information management, iSpeak It to convert documents into MP3/AAC audio tracks, and iPod Launcher to automate all of iPod activities. All Material and Software (C) 2002-2007 ZappTek / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.