March 7, 2010 in Games (F)
[prMac.com] Heidelberg, Germany - The independent iPhone developer Daniel Schroth has just released Word Star 1.1 to the Apple App Store. Word Star, based on the popular word game Boggle, is better on the iPhone and iPod touch than with the original dice. What makes Word Star unique, is its that it shows you what words you missed. Thus, Word Star will not only guarantee hours of fun but helps you to extend your vocabulary.
* Word Star features intuitive controls with accelerometer based input such as shake to roll the dice, or shake to clear the current selection.
* An internal dictionary with more than 180 000 words is used to compute the solutions for every game within seconds directly on the device.
* Game Statistics after each round provide a great way for the user to improve his language skills
* Trying to beat the local high score boosts the replay value
After only three days of sale Word Star already hit the Top 100 in its category in the U.S.
* iPhone and iPod touch
* iPhone OS 3.0 or later required
* 1.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Word Star 1.1 is only $0.99 (USD) and distributed worldwide through the Apple App Store. It can be found in the Word and Puzzle subcategories of the Games category.
Located in Heidelberg, Germany, Daniel Schroth is an independent developer. Copyright (C) 2010 Daniel Schroth / All Rights Reserved. Apple, iPod and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Boggle is a registered trademark of Hasbro.