December 5, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Toronto (ON), Canada - December 5, 2007 - Voodoo Ergonomics Inc. is proud to announce the release of version 2.0 of Mojotones, an easy-to-use solution to create ringtones from their tracks. Users may send the whole track - or their favorite part of it - to their phone.
With Mojotones, users may use the tracks in their iTunes library or anywhere else as ringtones on their phone as easily as choosing the song and clicking a button. Mojotones is a Universal Binary, so it works great on both Intel and PowerPC Macs, and can use Bluetooth to send the tracks directly to your phone. For those without a phone capable of Bluetooth transfers, Mojotones can save the ringtone to a file directly on the phone (via a USB cable or media reader). If you choose to create an iPhone ringtone, it's added to iTunes, ready for your next sync.
Just find the song you want and click the Send button. That kicks off a file transfer or save operation - no costly SMS messages or downloads from the phone company. Navigate through your phone's menus to set the ringtone.
Want only part of the song? Just click the Play button then drag the sliders around. Want finer control? Use the Control menu shortcut keys to nudge the ends of the range. When you have just the right part selected, send it to your phone. It's that simple.
Mojotones can generate ringtones in MP3, AAC or WAV formats. (MP3 support, is provided via a free, third-party open-source QuickTime component.)
New features in Version 2.0:
* Easy creation of iPhone ringtones.
* Range duration display in the player.
* Easier keyboard navigation.
* Streamlined menus and shortcuts.
* Various bug fixes.
* Support for MP3, AAC and WAV ringtones.
* Ringtone transfer via Bluetooth or save to a file.
* The ability to open tracks in a folder on the file system.
* No costly SMS messages, or downloads from the phone service.
* Pin-point editing of music track selections.
* One-Button transfer.
* Universal Binary: Works great on both Intel and PowerPC computers running Mac OS X.
* Mac running Mac OS X 10.4.9
* Phone capable of playing MP3, AAC or WAV ringtones.
* iPhone ringtones require firmware 1.1.2 and iTunes 7.5.
Pricing and Availability:
Mojotones 2.0 can be purchased from the Voodoo Ergonomics' secure store for USD$19.95 per user. Demo is also available for download.
Based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Voodoo Ergonomics Inc. was founded by Karl Moskowski in 2007 to develop Mac software. Karl has been a professional software developer for almost twenty years, with the last seven concentrated on Cocoa and WebObjects development. Copyright (C) 2007 Voodoo Ergonomics Inc. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.