March 18, 2010 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] Las Vegas, Nevada - Get Wise: Dangerous Quotes edition version 2.02 represents eight months and hundreds of hours of development since its initial release. Inside are more than 25,000 powerful quotes by over 2,300 authors. The words breathe across the screen bringing them to life in a dynamic way. Dare to discover the secrets, thoughts, philosophies, values, and hidden power of the world's most brilliant and successful people. Or laugh at one of the over 1,000 hilarious quotes included. It has it all.
"One of the difficulties with most quote apps," said Brooks Halladay, lead developer of Kimchi Studios, "is digging through the sheer volume of quotes to uncover the absolute best or most relevant. That's where this app excels. Not only does it have a powerful search engine, but quotes are accessible through 160+ topics or by categories of author types such as actor, director, president, athlete, musician, comedian, etc."
The standout feature that no other quote app has is the ability to quickly see what quotes and authors are most-viewed, trending, and top-rated across ALL USERS OF THE APP in real-time. "Imagine trying to dig through YouTube without seeing what videos are trending, most-viewed, or best rated? Being able to leverage the power of the user is everything on the internet and it's everything for next generation apps like this."
* 25,000 quotes
* 2,300 authors
* Post to Twitter and Facebook or Email Quotes
* Music, seven tracks included
* Text moves and breathes across screen
* Swipe, flip, slide, peel or shake to see the next quote
* Rate quotes with touch star system
* Save to favorites
* Wikipedia author built-in
* Author Google images built-in
* Themes, 350 backgrounds to choose from, or select from 40 configured themes for a completely customized look
* POWERFUL Search Engine
* Web-enabled accesss to Most Viewed and Trending Quotes and Authors
* 160 topics
* 90 author types
* Random and timer modes
* Notes mini-app
* "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing." - Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States (February 12, 1809 - April 15, 1865)
* "Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong, American pro road cyclist, overcame cancer to win the Tour de France a record seven consecutive years (born on Sept. 18, 1971)
* "Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope." - Maya Angelou, American autobiographer and poet, nominated for a National Book Award for 'I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings' (born April 4, 1928)
* iPhone and iPod touch
* iPhone OS 3.1.3 or later
* 19.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Get Wise: Dangerous Quotes edition 2.02 is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category
Kimchi Studios is a privately owned company, located in Las Vegas, Nevada, founded in 2009 by Brooks Halladay to create cutting-edge applications for mobile platforms including the iPhone and iPod touch. Get Wise: Dangerous Quotes edition is Copyright (C) 2010 Kimchi Studios. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.