March 18, 2010 in Social Networking (F)
[prMac.com] Portland, Oregon - Dejal Systems, LLC has released Tweeps version 1.0 for the iPhone and iPod touch, with an iPad edition in the works. Tweeps is a Twitter companion app. It isn't a full Twitter client - you can't post tweets from it. Instead, it is a tool to manage your Twitter account. Edit your avatar, name, bio text, website URL and location, plus follow/unfollow people, see if someone follows you, block people, and find people.
Edit Your Account Information
Add multiple accounts to Tweeps, and easily edit them:
* Take a photo or choose one from your photo library to change your avatar picture
* Edit the name displayed for your account
* Change the biographical text - the description you write about yourself
* Edit the website URL, previewing it in an integrated web browser
* Set your current location using the device's GPS, or type a less specific location, and preview on an integrated map view
View Information About Twitter People
Learn all about your own accounts and others:
* See the display name, username, how long they've been using Twitter, and their Twitter ID
* View the avatar picture, including full-sized, and copy it if desired
* FOLLOW or UNFOLLOW other people. The left button indicates whether or not you already follow them
* The right button indicates whether or not the displayed person follows you
* Tap the right button to display a BLOCK button; you can also optionally report them as a spammer
* Read the bio description text
* See the website URL, and tap to display it in an integrated web browser
* See the location, and tap to display it on an integrated map
* Read the most recent tweet (update), along with the total number of tweets that have been posted; tap to read any number of recent tweets
* See the number of people currently being followed (Following) and who follow the person (Followers); tap to list them and explore further
* When viewing your own account, you can also see lists of tweets that mention you and people you're blocking
* Find other Twitter people by username, first/last name, company, or brand name
Read recent tweets from each person, or skim through the lists of people you're following and who follow you, and see more information about them, including who they follow and who follows them. A great way to discover interesting new people to follow - and you don't need to wonder if you already follow them or not, since it is shown right in the profile detail information.
Load newer updates simply by scrolling to the top, or automatically load more tweets or people by scrolling to the bottom. A nice feature is rotation support - Tweeps works in all orientations, like an iPad, plus displays a fun wobbling rotation lock button to stop it rotating when you want to read lying on your side.
iPad Edition Coming Soon! An edition of Tweeps optimized for the new iPad is in the works, and should be available soon after the iPad is released. Follow the Dejal Blog, or @dejal (main account) or @dejaltweeps (Tweeps account) on Twitter to learn when it is available.
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 0.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
For a limited time, Dejal Tweeps 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (Reg $1.99) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category. See a demo video and more screenshots on the Tweeps website. For-review Promo Codes are available to the media; contact Dejal to receive one.
Founded by David Sinclair in 1991, Dejal Systems, LLC was originally established in New Zealand, and later moved to Portland, Oregon in 2001. With a sole focus on the Mac platform, Dejal specializes in user-friendly and flexible Cocoa-based utility software. Dejal is a long-established independent Mac software company, now also producing iPhone OS software. Copyright 2010 Dejal Systems, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Dejal, the Dejal logo, and Tweeps are trademarks of Dejal Systems, LLC. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod touch are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.