March 19, 2010 in FileMaker (F)
[prMac.com] Prague, CZ - 24U Software has announced an immediate availability of 24U Plug-In Template 3.0, a new version of the free plug-in building template, updated for FileMaker Pro 11. Thanks to intuitive lucidity and efficiency 24U Plug-In Template is appropriate for both beginners and experts. Creating plug-ins with 24U Plug-In Template is nothing more than just configuring few constants in a single header file and writing the desired function code.
What's new in version 3.0:
* Building native plug-ins for FileMaker Pro 11 and FileMaker Server 11
* FileMaker Plug-In Support SDK is now included with the template
* XCode project adjusted for Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6 preserving compatibility with 10.4
* Added project for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
* Implemented "autoupdate" format for version function
* Added "Template Version.fp7" sample database
* Documentation is now formatted HTML instead of plain text
* Single point of configuration for both Mac and Windows
* Pre-configured version function
* Detailed comments in all user-editable files
* Easily readable compact code
* Ready-to-compile XCode and Visual Studio .NET projects
* Pre-configured special targets for debugging
* 24U plist compiler for Xcode
* Detailed documentation of the template's contents
Use 24U Plug-In Template as a starting point to build better plug-ins more easily. 24U Plug-In Template will let plug-in developers save time, make fewer mistakes, and get much more powerful and elegant results. Make higher quality plug-ins with less effort.
What developers say about 24U Plug-In Template:
"24U FM Template might be useful if you want to reinvent the wheel, but not the axle and the rest of the car." - Jay Gonzales, A.E. Wood & Erickson
"They took the example plug-in project from FileMaker and simplified it a bunch by wrapping it with their own stuff! (BTW - It's FREE!!) It's a whole lot simpler to start with the 24U template than it is with FileMaker's!" - Mike Faulkner, Sky Dancer Studios, Inc.
"A huge thanks for making the plug-in template. From Zero knowledge of CW to producing a filemaker plug-in in less than 1 week. Not bad!" - John Walsh
Software Requirements and Compatibility:
24U Plug-In Template 3.0 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or newer and XCode 2.4 or newer for building plug-ins to run on Mac. Recommended is Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and XCode 3.2. Windows XP SP3 and MS Visual Studio 2003 are minimum requirements for building plug-ins to run on the Windows platform. Windows 7 and MS Visual Studio 2010 are recommended. 24U Plug-In Template 3.0 can be used to build native plug-ins for FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Server versions 8.5, 9, 10, and 11. Older versions of the template are still available for building plug-ins for FileMaker Pro versions 4 through 10.
Availability and Pricing:
24U Plug-In Template 3.0 is immediately available for download free of charge in the form of an open source project.
24U Software offers solutions for people, not for computers! Since 2000 24U Software has been committed to production of easy to use software that makes working and developing with FileMaker Pro and AppleScript faster, simpler and cheaper. ISO 9001:2000 certified for design, development, customization and implementation of software.