March 22, 2010 in iAnnouncements (E)
[prMac.com] Sofia, Bulgaria - Cramzy is proud to announce it has reached one million paid iPhone downloads. This milestone makes the company of 2 full-time employees one of the most successful iPhone developers in the Balkan country of 7.6 million people. Co-founder Iliya Yordanov, age 25, attributes the company's success to their design process. "We use the same kind of logical reasoning in designing an app as we do in writing the actual program." Cramzy's most popular app, 18,000 Cool Jokes, is in the Top 50 Downloads and Top 100 Gross Profit in the US App Store.
Yordanov, an Honors Graduate of Mathematical High School, has worked as a developer since 2000, and is currently completing his senior year of college. He explains, "We first defined the problem. What should a jokes app be for? Why would people want to spend money on it and what would they expect? The answer is simple: people expect high quality jokes that will entertain them. This is the easy answer. Everything follows from this...when we developed and updated the app (we are still updating it every month, at least once), we always kept asking ourselves - how do we provide high quality, funny jokes? " There are currently over 370 joke apps in the app store and 18,000 Cool Jokes continues to remain the leader, month after month.
Iliya and his wife, Co-founder Maria Yordanova, realized that although quality content was primary, there was more to a great joke app than great jokes. As a result, 18,000 Cool Jokes includes several innovative features. Unlike some similar apps, their's includes all content within a modest 3.9 MB and requires no connection to the internet. Jokes are broken up into 50 categories, and can be filtered by length - short/medium/long. In addition, there are provisions for sharing jokes via e-mail, Twitter or Facebook, and rating jokes online. An intelligent selection algorithm always displays a new joke to each user.
Cramzy Apps for iPhone/iPod touch
* 18,000 Cool Jokes Free - The full app limited to 10 jokes per day
* 18,000 Cool Jokes - The most popular app of its kind with jokes for all ages
* 23,000 Great Quotes - Fully searchable, no internet connection required
* 1,400 Latin Expressions - Ancient wisdom in searchable format, no internet needed
* 1,001 Murphy Laws - Humorous modern wisdom in searchable format, no internet
* Experimenter - Amazing scientific experiments that are easy to perform
* Legal Glossary - More than 1,100 legal terms explained
* A Must Go - More than 100 of the world's greatest tourist destinations
* A River IQ Test - The challenging Japanese job interview test
* Chippy - The chipmunk shooting arrows at bubbles game
* iPhone or iPod touch 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
All ten Cramzy apps are available exclusively at the App Store for iPhone and iTouch devices. They are priced from free up to $1.99. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in beautiful Sofia, Bulgaria, Cramzy is a privately held company founded in 2009 by Iliya Yordanov and Maria Angelova. With a focus on the Mac and iPhone platforms, Cramzy is devoted to creating useful, well-made solutions with ease-of-use, user experience and simplicity with a major emphasis on total customer satisfaction. Cramzy's long term ambitions to the Mac platform include development for Mac OS X for development tools and business software. Copyright (C) 2009 Cramzy. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.