March 25, 2010 in Networks and FTP (E)
[prMac.com] Rochester, New York - Ambrosia Software, Inc. today is pleased to announce the release of Dragster 1.1.1, its convenient and configurable file transferring utility. The new version fixes various issues and improves key functionality. Dragster lets you quickly and easily send files to remote servers via numerous protocols, and to people via email, Bluetooth & Instant Messaging. The new version adds media sharing capabilities, so you can send pictures and videos to Flickr, Picasa, and YouTube with just a simple drag and drop.
Dragster 1.1.1 includes the following changes/improvements:
* Made sure server URL has http:// if it's missing a protocol
* If key-based authentication is enabled, only SFTP/SCP is tried with Best Available
* Key-based authentication fixed when using Best Available
* Fixed server field being editable during Best Available
* Fixed problem with FTP error during Best Available with blank password
* Fixed local shortcut editing allowing invalid path to be manually entered
* Preserved shortcut selection after editing a shortcut
* Now using proper (prettier) URL with Flickr uploads
* Fixed Dragster not allowing file shares to be ejected
* Fixed local destination & shortcuts not doing move by default
* Fixed issues with option key not always toggling move/copy
* Fixed AFP error on 10.5 by requesting to run in 32-bit (10.5.8 )
* Fixed issues with AFP/SMB shortcuts not navigating to saved folder
Dragster integrates unobtrusively into your Dock, making it instantly available when you need it, and gets completely out of your way when you don't. Best of all, Dragster lets you set up as many customizable "Shortcuts" as you like, taking the drudgery out of repetitive file transfers to the same person or server.
Already using a program like Transmit, Fetch, or Interarchy for uploading files? No problem! Dragster is meant to complement programs like these, not replace them. Dragster offers you speed and convenience for quick file transfers that is unmatched. Download it today and give it a whirl!
Pricing and Availability:
Dragster costs $19 (USD), requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later, and is a Universal Binary application. This updated version, which is free to all registered users of Dragster 1.x. Screenshots, press releases, logos, and usage guidelines can be downloaded from the Ambrosia Software, Inc. Press Room.
Ambrosia Software, Inc. - publisher of award-winning programs for the Macintosh, iPhone, iPod touch, and Windows distributes a full line of utility, productivity, and anti-productivity (game) desktop software via the Internet as shareware and also via Apple's App Store for instant purchase with iPhone or iPod touch. Unregistered versions of Ambrosia's desktop products on DVD-ROM can be obtained at Ambrosia's web site or by calling Ambrosia's order center at 585-325-1910.