December 11, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Lakewood Studios today released iList Data 3.6, an upgrade to the most powerful, low cost database software for the Macintosh. iList Data's benefits include integrated graphing, ten find modes, a new speed browse feature, and batch editing. Also included is extensive support for cataloging images and other files.
Among the new features in iList Data 3.6:
- A new speed browse feature that dramatically speeds up searches when browsing thousands of records at a time
- Updated support for Mac OSX 10.5 (Leopard)
- Improved file path support when copying and moving multimedia files between folders
- Minor bug fixes and interface enhancements
* User designed windows for creating, editing, and finding data
* Ten find modes including find on field, find by value, and find parent
* Support for text, number, date, time, path, URL, color, JPEG, and calculation values
* Built-in relational support for searching and displaying data across tables
* On-the-fly calculations and column summaries
* Dynamic reports: Retrieve both the data and shell of a report from the database itself
* Nine window sets: Save and recall custom interface setups with one click
* Search history and bookmarks
* Four batch editing modes
* Inline and summary graphing. View dot, line, bar, and fill graphs inline with your data
* Advanced SQL editing for experienced users and built-in help-by-example support for novices
* A built in resizable image viewer and full screen slideshow mode
* Speech synthesis
* Microsoft Office integration: Send record lists to Excel and Word with one click
Pricing and Availability:
iList Data 3.6 has a suggested retail price of $69.95 U.S. Educational pricing and site licenses are also available. The version 3.6 upgrade is free for registered users of iList Data 3.0 and higher. A demo version of iList Data 3.6 can be downloaded from the Lakewood Studios website.
Based in Ridgeville, Ontario, Canada, Lakewood Studios publishes iList Data, a single-user database application, and iList Studio, a MySQL-powered multi-user database application.