April 1, 2010 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Newark, NJ - TapFactory, the mobile development company that brought sticky notes to the iPhone, announced today the release of Stick It - Sticky Notes for iPad. This release follows the extraordinary success of Stick It for iPhone, which has garnered over 600,000 downloads and a spot on the Top 100 Utilities since its release in June of 2009.
"We are very excited about the iPad computer, and look forward to watching it forge a whole new category of computing." explained Cameron Smith, partner in TapFactory. Mr. Smith continued, "We feel that Stick It transitions naturally to the iPad and will be a great addition to any user's library of utility apps. Stick It is one of those apps that can be useful to any genre of user, because it fills the digital void for a fundamental aspect of daily life - reminders. For the same reason Post-It notes have become a household name, Stick It is a great digital solution daily reminders."
Stick It goes beyond basic sticky note functionality by providing users with ways to customize their notes and backgrounds. Notes positioned on the device's Lockscreen and Homescreen allow for quick glance reminders that are viewed without having to open the app. This functionality solves the fundamental flaw in other reminder apps - the fact that viewing the reminders requires opening the app.
"Although this is only a preliminary release for the iPad, we have a lot of exciting plans for updates that will utilize the large size of the iPad's screen." Mr. Smith remarked. "We will be working diligently in the next couple of months to roll out some great updates that will position Stick It as a fixture in the App Store's repertoire of essential iPad apps."
* 30+ styles of notes, papers, and objects you can add text to ranging from multi-colored Post It notes, a variety of scrap papers, speech bubbles, and signs.
* 25+ backgrounds to choose from including beautifully designed textures such as quarkboard, wood, metal, and paper, as well as solid colors, and the ability to use any photo from your Photo library.
* Full customization of your notes with multiple font styles, sizes and colors to choose from.
* Save notes into categories.
* "Quick note" feature to add a note in a single tap.
* Preview feature which allows you to preview your Lockscreen and Homescreen with your current Stick It layout to give you an idea of how it will look without having to leave the app.
* Email your notes directly from the app.
Founded in 2008, TapFactory develops apps for the iPhone and iPod touch that are elegant, intuitive, and designed with the end user in mind. Our philosophy is to strike a harmonious balance between form and function that lives up to the Apple legacy. The company is based in Newark, NJ. Copyright (C) 2008-2010 TapFactory. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.