April 8, 2010 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] Mumbai, India - EDUmobile has extended its iPhone Programming Course to include iPad Development topics. The new iPad training module will be provided to all candidates of the iPhone Course at no additional cost. The module will cover a wide range of topics to help developers understand key differentiators and unique aspects of iPad development as compared to iPhone development.
Developers can learn how to create an iPad application from scratch on the iPad SDK and learn how to use the concepts from iPhone to program for the iPad. They can get a birds-eye-view on the basic similarities between the two devices and the relative differences between them. Developers can also see how to make their Apps compatible so they run across the iPhone, iPod touch and the iPad. The topics in the extended iPhone and iPad Course include:
* View Controller: View controllers are a crucial piece of infrastructure for managing and presenting the user interface of your iPad application.
* Event Handling: The Multi-Touch technology is fundamental to both iPhone and iPad applications.
* Graphics and Multimedia: The graphics and media technologies you use in your iPhone applications are also available to iPad applications. This includes native 2D drawing technologies such as Core Graphics, UIKit, and Core Animation.
* Custom Text Processing and Input: In iPad applications can have many features such as custom text layout, font management, autocorrection, custom keyboards, spell-checking, selection-based modification, and multistage input. iPhone OS 3.2 includes several technologies that make these features realizable.
* UI Element: We used UI element in our application,i.e status bar, navigation bar, tab bar, toolbar and views that all are specifically defined in an application.
* Status Bar: The status bar appears at the upper edge of the device screen and contains all information user need,i.e network connection, battery charges and time of day.
* Navigation Bar: Navigation bar appears at the upper edge of the an application view.
* Content View: The iPhone OS introduces two new views to manage content. Two views are Popover and another one is Split view.
* Popover View: Popover is a transient view that can be revealed when people tap a control or an onscreen area.
* Split View: Split views are not available in the iPhone application. But you can used this new views in the iPad application.
* Text View: In the iPad application you can use your own fonts.
EDUmobile has quickly established itself as the leader in online iPhone Development Training and is currently training over 200 students from all over the globe. The iPad Development Course is an effort to encourage iPhone platform developers to support the new iPad platform which was launched earlier this week and sold over 300,000 units within 24 hours of launch.
EDUmobile is a spin-off independant initiative of Chakra Interactive Pvt Ltd, a company operating in the Wireless Mobile Software Development space for the past 6 years, having worked on wireless projects released by global top tier clients and publishers such as EA Mobile, Hands-on-Mobile, I-Play, Sony Pictures, Disney Mobile and Warner Bros amongst others. EDUmobile provides high quality training in various mobile technologies through Online Video, Interactive one-on-one support, Weekly PDF Manuals and Worksheets and an ongoing Support Forum. Copyright 2009-2010 EDUmobile. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.