April 26, 2010 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] San Jose, California - app4mac today is pleased to introduce wKiosk 6, the most advanced fullscreen web browser. wKiosk is a web browser designed to present web-based content or run web applications in a safe and stable way. Mostly used for public access terminals in museums or libraries, wKiosk 6 can also be used as the default web browser for all members of a company or an organization.
What's new with version 6
* Completely rewritten in Objective C 2.0 with Cocoa framework (instead of Carbon)
* Powered by the most recent version of Apple webkbit engine (compliant to Acid 3 test / HTML 5)
* Improved multiple screens management
* Improved toolbar management with unlimited level of customization
* Improved URL control management (more rules, more options)
* Improved security management
* Improved sessions management
* Improved stability / reliability
* Improved download management (option to save content on USB keys)
* New dashboard to navigate history / pages. Replace tabs.
* New virtual keyboard option for touchscreens
* New multimedia content display option (display HTML pages every x seconds/minutes)
* New modern themes for the user interface
* New master / slave installation mode for large deployement
* Fully optimized for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
wKiosk allows you to restrict access to some web sites, the operating system, system settings, the downloading of files and applications. The computer is protected against any manipulation from users. wKiosk reinforce the productivity by disabling the access to distracting websites.
Since wKiosk is built with the Apple Safari Engine also named WebKit, users can benefit from all the features that this modern technology has to offer. wKiosk was developed with the intention to create a browser that would provide the same ease of use as other browsers, while adding maximum security and protection from user interference.
wKiosk is completely customizable. An administrator can make it fit any individual requirements of a public access terminal. No programming skills are necessary. Configuring it can be accomplished within a couple of minutes.
Pricing and Availability:
wKiosk 6 BETA 1 is available for owners of a license of a previous version. It's a free upgrade. wKiosk costs 49 Euros (around $65) until end of May (special introductory price). Final version is planned for mi-may 2010. wKiosk 6 requires Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
app4mac is a company created in 2001 with the goal of providing innovative applications for Mac OS X. We take great pleasure building Mac products. We are committed to creating quality software that will make the Mac even more user-friendly. Copyright 2001-2010 app4mac. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.