April 30, 2010 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Mountain View, California - PhatWare Corporation, a leading provider of software products and professional services for mobile and desktop computers, announces today the immediate availability of WritePad for iPad 3.3, the advanced handwriting recognition software for iPad. The new version offers customizable styles, improved recognition and spell checker, inline gestures, and support for external iPad keyboard.
WritePad lets users take notes in their own handwriting with an iPad stylus pen or their finger. The state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software will adapt and learn while it is being used, improving the recognition quality overtime. WritePad supports simple gestures to select text, cut, copy, paste, and insert special characters.
5 top new features in WritePad for iPad 3.3:
* Improved spell checker and recognition quality. Addition of new words and simply using the application will further improve the recognition quality.
* Support for inline gestures while writing: Return - to recognize written text immediately; Backspace - to delete the last stroke; Cut - to cancel the current recognition session.
* The new Styles feature allows users to change the WritePad appearance by manipulating text, page and ink colors, and fonts.
* Support for external iPad keyboard: use arrow keys for cursor positioning and Shift + Arrow key for selection.
* New Email settings allow users to edit the email footnote and to provide default email addresses.
WritePad has a spell checker with it's own custom dictionary, a context analyzer which allows users to dial phone numbers or open URLs embedded in the text, auto-corrector which automatically fixes common spelling and recognition errors, and a Shorthand feature that lets users perform editing commands, insert current date, time, and any repetitive text by writing a short name and drawing a circle around it.
WritePad also allows users to exchange documents over Wi-Fi between two or more iPad or iPhone devices, and to download files onto the desktop computer using the Internet browser. Interface to the Bing Translator, lets users translate WritePad documents to 13 supported languages.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.2 or later
* 1.9 MB
WritePad Availability and Pricing
WritePad for iPad 3.3 is available now in the iTunes App Store for $9.99 (USD). To purchase, and for more information about WritePad product line, please visit the PhatWare web site or the iTunes App Store.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking, and database and network management software development. PhatWare Corporation is a founding member of Microsoft Mobility Partner Advisory Council (MPAC) - a unique partner program developed by Microsoft Corp. to serve as a focused feedback mechanism for Microsoft Windows Mobile platform development, and provide leading companies with the tools and resources they need to bring the most innovative and successful mobility solutions to market - a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Microsoft Windows Embedded partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2010 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.