Apparent Software Acquires Blasted - a Productivity Booster for Mac
May 6, 2010 in Utility
[prMac.com] Ashdod, Israel - Apparent Software announced today that it has acquired Blasted, a productivity booster application from Ted Roden. The application places all recently used files at user's fingertips, providing fast and easy access to them. This acquisition promises an exciting future for the application, which already has hundreds of enthusiastic users. As part of the acquisition the application is renamed to "Blast" and an important upgrade, version 1.2, is released.
Blast keeps track of all the files the user has been recently using on his Mac. With Blast, all these documents are just one click away. The user can access the file list anytime by clicking on the application icon in the menu bar. Some benefits of using Blast:
* User doesn't need to worry about where he just saved a certain file - it's in his menu bar
* User can drag downloaded files directly into any application without opening finder and send email attachments faster
* User doesn't need to search for a document he was reading yesterday. It is in Blast list, one click away
* As part of the launch, Apparent Software releases a major update to the application
Version 1.2 includes the following new features:
* A preview for all the files in the list allows the user to find his file visually just by looking at its icon
* A favorites sidebar allows user to save his favorite folders and files to be accessed at any time
* Application shows the list of recent files even after it was closed and the computer was rebooted
* Improved user interface with several new features, like showing the path to the file
Jacob Gorban, the founder of Apparent Software, believes Blast has a great future ahead. "We strongly believe that any Mac user could use this application to save time and increase productivity by having his files at his fingertips."
Pricing and Availability:
Blast is available as for $9.95 (USD). A free feature-limited trial is available for download. Apparent Software will continue to offer existing Blast customers free upgrades and support for all 1.x releases of the product.
Located in Ashdod, Israel, Apparent Software is a privately funded company founded in 2006 by Jacob Gorban. With a focus on the Mac platform, our mission is creating useful, friendly and unique software, complemented by first-class support for our customers. Apparent Software is the developer of ImageFramer and Cashuclator applications, as well as the organizer of widely successful MacGraPhoto software bundle. Copyright 2010 Apparent Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.