June 2, 2010 in Business (E)
[prMac.com] Maidenhead, United Kingdom - Byte Squared today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of its office application for the iPad. The product, named "Office2 HD", provides DOC compatible document editing and XLS compatible spreadsheet editing, including tight integration with Dropbox, Google Docs, MobileMe iDisk and several other cloud based services.
Word Processor Features:
* View, create, edit and save documents in Word 97-2003 (.doc) format. Compatible with Microsoft Word, NeoOffice and any other .doc compatible word processor
* Character formatting, including text and fill color, bold, italic, underline, font face and size
* Paragraph formatting including alignment, indenting, bullets and numbering
* Support for tables, including table creation
* Support for images, including inserting of images from the camera roll or pasting from other programs
* Searching of text within documents
* Undo and redo, up to 100 undo levels
* Copy and paste within the app in addition to copy and paste of text and images from other applications, including Safari
* Auto-correction and auto-completion are supported
* XLS compatibility with support for multiple worksheets
* Multiple cell types, including Numeric, Date, Time, Date/Time, Currency, Percentage and Text
* Cell formatting options, including bold, italic, text and background color, cell sizes and alignments
* Merged cells, text wrapping and freeze panes
* Copy/cut/paste operations
* A range of functions, including date/time, math, statistical, string and trigonometric functions
* Access documents stored in Google Docs, iDisk and any WebDAV server, including open, edit, save, delete and rename
* Create or delete folders
* Move or copy documents between folders locally
* Move or copy documents between Google Docs or iDisk accounts and the local folders
* Move or copy documents within folders in Google Docs or iDisk accounts
* Email documents as attachments
* Open .xls and .doc email attachments from the iPad Mail app into Office2 HD
Byte Squared CEO Simon Bates said: "This is the only iPad app to allow direct editing of document or spreadsheet files stored in Google Docs, Dropbox or iDisk accounts. Accessing files in the cloud is fundamental to today's mobile users and we're please to offer the only app that provides that capability."
* US English, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.2 or later
* 3.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Office2 HD 3.3.1 is $7.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Business category.
Byte Squared provides a range of software for mobile devices. It was established in 2009 and is a privately held company headquartered in Maidenhead in the UK. Copyright (C) 2009-2010 Byte Squared. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.