January 28, 2008 in Publishing (F)
[prMac.com] XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the release of pdfToolbox 3. pdfToolbox is an indispensable tool for any print professional offering complete PDF correction and colour management capabilities from within Adobe Acrobat. As a plug-in to Adobe Acrobat, pdfToolbox provides an interactive and user-friendly interface. Users can choose to correct specific problems such as removing elements unnecessary for print or prepare entire documents for a specific production process.
Based on Adobe Acrobat's preflight technology, pdfToolbox' automatic correction capabilities are easy to operate. Users simply select their production process and pdfToolbox will make the document compliant. The plug-in also allows for comprehensive colour conversion and advanced font embedding.
- Detects and corrects more than 60 different problems in PDF files
- Adjusts more than 80 PDF properties
- Includes correction profiles for online publishing and printing
- Embeds missing or incorrect font characters into existing PDF files, fully supporting PostScript, TrueType and OpenType fonts
- Supports Cyrillic and Asian characters
- Redefines and saves the visibility of layers in PDF files
- Thickens hairlines, deletes CMYK profiles and OPI comments and much more
- Removes private data from helper applications - reduces file size
- Fully compatible with PDF 1.7
- Converts to PDF/X-3 or PDF/X-1a
- Converts into previous PDF versions (from 1.3 to 1.6)
- Allows users to set up correction profiles to display dialogues when executed
- Documents all corrections in reports
- Converts RGB, Lab and ICC based data as well as spot colours into CMYK
- Sophisticated spot colour handling (rename, merge, convert to CMYK, remove, adjust CMYK representation for proofing)
- Installs current versions of ISO standards based colour profiles
- Perfects CMYK to CMYK conversions for images while adjusting dot-gain for vector and text elements
- Converts CMYK and Spot Colours to RGB
- Processes line-art and images separately
- Automatic determination of settings if PDF origin is unknown
- Recall function for repetitive spot colour adjustments
- Processes all grey elements equally (DeviceGrey, DeviceCMYK, DeviceN or Separation)
- Includes sample files for quick and easy start
Users can also create and manage layers in PDF documents quickly and easily with the page object editing/layering feature. Page objects can be arranged and managed as layers quickly and easily. This not only makes processing PDF documents easier, it also extends the range of options available. PDF objects such as images, graphics, transparencies or colour spaces are built up as layers leaving users free to combine them individually or output them in whatever combination is required.
Also available are new versions of pdfToolbox Server 3 and pdfToolbox CLI 3. pdfToolbox Server 3 provides automated Acrobat Preflighting, advanced PDF correction and colour management through an intuitive user interface. pdfToolbox CLI 3 is a command line interface application that enables users and system integrators to seamlessly integrate Acrobat Preflighting and automated PDF correction into any environment.
Adobe Acrobat Standard and Professional 7 and 8 (use with Adobe Acrobat Reader not supported)
Mac OS X (version 10.3 or newer)
pdfToolbox 3 is available now through XChange International. To order, or for more information, users can visit the XChange website, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours.
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension(R) technology; Adobe InDesign(R), Acrobat(R) and Photoshop(R) Plug-ins(R) and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London and also offer specialist training on many of the solutions they sell.