July 12, 2010 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Berlin, Germany - Since the introduction of OCRKit in January 2010, ExactCODE continues to refine the solution, and added new features, as well as tuned recognition accuracy and speed. OCRKit is a native, Intel Macintosh application focusing on easy to use. By dragging a document onto the application icon a searchable PDF is quickly created. OCRKit helps to organize the office workflow: By making received information, in image or PDF form, from a copier, scanner or via e-mail editable and indexable to find them with Spotlight.
What is new in OCRKit 1.4:
* Improved recognition accuracy
* Improved recognition of certain color schemes
* Improved processing performance
* Various other improvements
Other features of OCRKit:
* Streamlined and easy OCR for Mac OS X
* As simple as drag and drop files to the application icon
* Can read existing PDFs and many popular raster image formats, including TIFF, JPEG, JPEG2000, BMP, PNM and more
* Creates Portable Document Files (PDF), virtually readable everywhere
* Powerful automatic image filters, as well as optional de-screen
* Rotate documents on-the-fly
* No limits, neither on the daily processing volume, nor pages per document
OCRKKit comes with support for many OCR languages, including English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish, and even more user-interface translations: English, Dutch, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Simplified-Chinese, Traditional-Chinese, and works with Apple Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5 as well as with the 'Snow Leopard' version 10.6. on Intel Macs.
Pricing and Availability:
OCRKit is available for EUR 39 or $49 (USD) online, and several distributors and resellers world-wide. OCRKit - powerful, streamlined, yet affordable OCR for Mac.
ExactCODE GmbH is a research and development company located in Berlin, Germany. The founders have more than 10 years experience in porting the GNU Compiler Compilation, Linux and micro-kernel and a strong background in various other Open Source projects, low-level system software and scientific background. With skills in system and application software development and hardware design, as well as system administration and deployment, ExactCODE creates individual and award winning products combining existing software modules with new solutions developed dedicated for the contracted purpose. The key focus lies on real-time, digital signal processing, multimedia applications and communication solutions. Avision and all other registered names are trademarks of their respective owners.