AlwaysOnPC for iPad - Virtual PC With Mobile Open Office Suite
July 28, 2010 in Productivity
[prMac.com] Santa Barbara, CA - AlwaysOnPC announces version 1.0 of their Virtual PC app for iPad and Android. With more than 40 pre-installed programs including the Open Office suite, FireFox, AlwaysOnPC puts the power of a desktop computer inside any iPhone, iPod touch, and now iPad or Android phone.
AlwaysOnPC delivers a combination of productivity tools and capabilities that frees users from their desktops. The OpenOffice suite lets users edit office documents and is fully open- and save- compatible with most common file types including Word (.doc and .docx), Excel (.xls, .xlsx), and Powerpoint (.ppt and .pptx).
Using FireFox with Flash inside AlwaysOnPC, users can finally browse the whole Web on their device. Although it does not yet support audio or full motion video (these improvements are coming soon) customers still enjoy access to their favorite sites like Facebook games, Google Analytics, and more.
Hosted in the Cloud, AlwaysOnPC offers an encrypted SSH connection from all devices. For users this means both rock-solid security as well as high performance for many common tasks. For example users can open large files, such as a PDF file, PowerPoint deck or Excel Spreadsheet from an email attachment or their Dropbox online storage folder, up to ten times faster than competing mobile solutions. Best of all, all the usage paradigms and personalization that people are familiar with on their computer can now be leveraged on their mobile phone or tablet, for example:
* Copy and paste text & graphics between apps like Office, Firefox, email, & photos
* Add browser toolbars like Google or Yahoo! toolbars
* Click to open email attachments directly into the office or imaging apps
* Multi-task: run Office apps and email, and still see Facebook or IM chats pop up
* Install FireFox Addons (a customer favorite is xMarks, which syncs passwords and bookmarks between the desktop PC and AlwaysOnPC, letting you browse without typing from your phone!)
Other features include:
* Dropbox folder included- just login
* Full-featured PDF reader
* Comprehensive image editing and Vector-graphic drawing programs
* Games like Chess, Blackjack, Solitaire, Hearts, Majongg, Sudoku & more
* 2 GB of online storage support (Other online storage services can be accessed via FireFox)
* iPhone and iPod touch OS 3.0 or later; 2.2Mb
* iPad OS 3.2 or later; 1.2Mb
Pricing and Availability:
AlwaysOnPC is available today in two applications the iTunes Appstore in the Productivity category:
1) AlwaysOnPC iPad optimized for the large high-resolution iPad screen, and
2) AlwaysOnPC iPhone/iPod touch. Both are offered at a special introductory price of $9.99.
The app is also available in the Android Marketplace for same introductory price of $9.99. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
AlwaysOnPC brings the power of cloud computing directly to the end consumer, enabling customers to run PC-class applications on the devices they are using today. AlwaysOnPC delivers to customers secure, encrypted access to its high-performance clusters cloud via a lightweight client software application on the consumer's device. This architecture can offers each customer their own powerful, virtual computer pre-loaded with over 40 apps including Mobile Open Office Suite, FireFox, and tons more. This powerful app can be accessed from any PC, Mac, iPhone / iPod touch and now from iPad and Android smartphones, all with the familiar usage paradigm of the PC desktop. By leveraging a large, fast-growing development community, AlwaysOnPC is poised to expand it's growing list of capabilities into a variety of Internet-connected consumer devices. Copyright (C) 2010 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover & Edward Turner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Media Contact for xForm Computing