August 12, 2010 in Productivity
[prMac.com] Chicago, Illinois - Aji, LLC has just announced that their popular iPad app iAnnotate PDF will be part of the required course materials for first-year medical school students at Stanford. Apple recently announced that educational institutions will be able to buy apps in bulk through iTunes, and as part of a trial program to integrate the iPad into academics, Stanford School of Medicine will now be providing all of their first-year students with iPads. Recently updated to include full Dropbox and VGA support, iAnnotate is optimized to be the ideal tool to improve the student learning experience.
"We've been working with Stanford to improve live note-taking and automatic distribution of lecture materials to their students. Many medical professionals have found iAnnotate especially useful in their work, so Stanford's iPad program is a perfect fit for the app," says Jim Brink, Founder of Aji. In the near future, the company will offer the ability to integrate iAnnotate technology directly into businesses and schools with enterprise support. This will facilitate easy group device configuration, shared documents, and remote push synchronization.
iAnnotate is a complete annotation solution that gives students and other professionals the ability to take notes, highlight and underline in documents and diagrams with the drag of a finger. iAnnotate eliminates the need for voluminous printed texts and easily consolidates and organizes notes and documents. Teachers can quickly grade assignments, and share annotated diagrams, charts or syllabi. Students can easily email and share notes on PDFs to their study groups.
New features for iAnnotate 1.2 include Dropbox and VGA support as well as optimizations to finger/pen movements, improved responsiveness, screen-based navigation and better security. Combined with users ability to transfer PDFs via email, iTunes sync or even clicking any PDF web link, iAnnotate has never been more powerful.
"It's really exciting to be able to bring this streamlined approach to learning into the classroom through iPad. It's just an incredibly simple way to go green and paperless while taking notes, studying and grading with iAnnotate," says Jim Brink, Founder of Aji. "Anyone who works with PDFs will love iAnnotate, and in 1.2 we've added a ton of functionality."
* Dropbox Support: Access and download files from your Dropbox account, and upload back annotated versions.
* VGA Support: Use the iPad VGA dock connector to have your document and annotations mirrored to an external projector or monitor.
* Improved Responsiveness: For pen/drawing annotations, including smoothing and handling dots to improve stylus support.
* Security: New Applicaation Lock option for password-protecting iAnnotate.
* A complete annotation system: Text Notes, Highlight, Underline, Free-Form Drawing, Bookmarks, and more. An intuitive interface allows for viewing and editing annotations without leaving the document reading view.
* Full-featured PDF reader: New Screen-Based Navigation and Toolbar Buttons plus Continuous-scrolling page display with all standard scroll/zoom gestures, and full screen reading mode wit tabbed reading.
* Easy transfer of PDFs: Send and receive PDFs via email, through iTunes sync, and by browsing to any PDF link.
* Fully Customizable Toolbars: Reposition and resize toolbars,and drag-and-drop to configure tools included on each.
* Comprehensive document and full-library search: Search your entire PDF library to instantly find all documents with any keyword. Tabs sort new, unread, and annotated documents.
* APS (Aji PDF Service): Free companion application on the web that helps store and managing PDF's. Recommended for large libraries of documents.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.2 or later
* 7.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iAnnotate PDF 1.2 is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Here at Aji, we're creating a new kind of company. Our central purpose is to design and create innovative new software to meet (and exceed!) the changing demands of users and technology. We focus on ideas instead of markets: we are constantly evaluating new ideas and new technologies, and then using our experience to quickly translate those ideas into real, working products. If we have success in a market, we're not going to put all of our resources into raising our market share - we're going to polish our product, make it the best solution available, and then focus on the next great idea. Copyright (C) 2010 Aji LLC, All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.