March 5, 2007 in Utility (F)
[prMac.com] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 2, 2007 -- Peek-a-Boo 2.6 is available now from Clarkwood Software.
Peek-a-Boo, a $19.95 Mac OS X utility to monitor and manage processes, has been described by one long-time user as "the utility I didn't realize I needed, until I'd used it."
Peek-a-Boo focuses on two things: clarity and flexibility. From the moment you first launch Peek-a-Boo, it will be clear what is happening with processes on your Mac. And you will find the flexibility to explore any process-related questions you face.
We're confident that even at the peak of your frustration towards the Mac's complexity, a quick peek under the hood will pique your curiosity and lead you upwards, onwards, and forwards, twirling into process-comprehension nirvana.
What's New in Peek-a-Boo 2.6?
A new System Information view was added; this is a convenient small floating window that shows system-wide CPU usage, memory usage, and virtual memory status. Several other minor updates and fixes are also included.
What is Peek-a-Boo?
Peek-a-Boo (US $19.95) is an award-winning utility to monitor and manage all of the processes running on your Macintosh. Available since 1993, Peek-a-Boo has adapted with the times (including a full rewrite for OS X) to remain unparalleled at watching and manipulating processes. Features that Peek-a-Boo aficionados have come to enjoy include:
* Watch the dynamic resource usage of the system of processes in the revolutionary Process Throb window.
* View all processes running on the machine in the familiar tabular format of the Process List window.
* Easily manage any process with actions such as hide, bring to front, reveal, kill, halt/continue, and even modify the priority.
* Show any combination of over 90 pieces of information about the processes. * Display a graph of the CPU usage of any process.
* Log a processes's activity in a window and even generate log files for later analysis.
* Edit an entire spectrum of user-adjustable preferences that include how to display dates, memory readouts, adjust monitoring frequencies, as well as configurable logging.
* Show process information for all types of processes: Classic applications, Darwin processes, and full-blown OS X native applications. Peek-a-Boo is the only utility of its kind to know about all types of processes.
* View system information in the customizable toolbar.
* Sort on any column, as well as reordering columns to meet the individual needs of each user.
* Peek-a-Boo is a Universal Binary.
Peek-a-Boo 2.6 requires Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher.
Peek-a-Boo 2.6 is available now. For a fully working demo, movies showing Peek-a-Boo's windows, and more information, visit the Peek-a-Boo website.
Clarkwood Software, LLC, is a provider of Mac OS X products and services.