February 29, 2008 in Publishing (F)
[prMac.com] XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the release and availability of the Xfile 2 plug-in for Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Corel PhotoPaint and more. The new version offers Seam Carving and Image Resizing capabilities.
Imaging applications today work with linear resizing, so everything within the image changes size proportionally. Xfile 2 does that too with super advanced algorithms and now features a seam carving tool that allows the image to be resized while changing its aspect ratio and keeping important features untouched. It removes or adds areas to an image that would be least noticed.
To give users more controls on elements of the image they absolutely want to maintain and the parts they do not really care about, Xfile’s Seam Carving features provide an easy-to-use interface to define image areas. Xfile 2 offers a dual set of Protect/Erase masks. Users simply brush on the image to protect an area, or brush to tell Xfile that this area can be carved out during the resizing. Xfile 2 also provides users a preview of the effect an operation will have on an image before they finalise their changes.
Xfile 2 is the perfect tool for:
- Professional photographers that need to regularly change the size of their photos while maintaining the best quality
- Digital photographers to change image size while keeping maximum details
- Printers/Repro houses that need to modify image sizes to fit specific documents
- Web designers that increase or decrease image sizes while keeping the maximum details for display
- Hobbyists that may start with small size digital photos to get printable images.
- Ultra efficient upsizing algorithms for image enlargements
- Several interpolation methods including sophisticated mathematical algorithms (Lanczos/Xfile)
- High quality image downsizing to maintain the maximum details at smaller image sizes
- Fast preview at the one-to-one level of the final result within a larger preview
- Lets users enhance digital images for print and web
Xfile 2 has been designed as a plug-in for all applications supporting Photoshop plug-ins such as Adobe Photoshop 7 to CS3, Photoshop Elements(R) 2 to 6, Corel(R) PhotoPaint(R), Painter, Corel PaintShop(R), ULead(R) and Microsoft(R) Picture(R).
Xfile 2 is available now through XChange International. To order, or for more information, users can visit the XChange International website, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours.
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension(R) technology; Adobe InDesign(R), Acrobat(R) and Photoshop(R) Plug-ins(R) and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London and also offer specialist training on many of the solutions they sell.