August 24, 2010 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Jerusalem, Israel - Announcing that Shannoga, the developer of HiBye, has just released the latest update for iPhone and iPod touch users. HiBye 1.4 is a contact manager like no other app in the app store because it uses the device's native contact list instead of creating the headache of a second phone book for users to have to search through. The main benefit of this app is the timer feature for temporary contacts. This allows contacts to be archived or completely deleted after a period of time determined by the user. New contacts are added directly to the list via a "Dummy" feature that is unique to this app.
To quickly add a new contact without opening the app, users simply edit the "Dummy" contact that is unique to HiBye. Here they can also set their preferences for the timer, the timeout alert and other settings. When they're finished, the new contact will appear in their existing list of contacts. When the timer runs down, the user will get an alert and, depending on the settings they chose, HiBye will automatically archive or delete the contact from the list. Archived contacts are saved within the app so they can be easily retrieved if needed, and are viewable on a single list.
HiBye 1.4 features include:
* Apply a timer amount to your temporary contacts
* Edit the timer and categories at any time
* Get an alert when a contact is about to expire, to reset the timer or delete the contact
* See all your timed out contacts in one list; no more searching for individual contacts throughout your regular contact list
* Archive unused contacts, and retrieve them again later with one click
* Preset a default timer that will apply to each new individual contact that is added
* Create a note that will assist you in remembering that contact later on
* All contacts are saved in the iPhone address book, and are all synchronized and backed up into all other devices
* Add up to 8 categories to help organize your contacts
* Categorize all your contacts by group, location or category
* Add contacts from other devices such as computer, mobile me, Google contacts, or any other contact source that is synched with your iPhone
* Use "HiBye Dummy" to add phone numbers from your incoming/outgoing call lists or email
Contacts can be arranged by group (client, sales leads, suppliers etc), location, or category, making it easy to recognize who is calling, and what they might be looking for before the user answers the call. To make it even easier, users can attach notes to each contact to remind them where they met them or who they are.
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 0.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
HiBye 1.4 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
Shannoga is an independent software development company based in Israel. Their main focus is on applications for mobile platforms, and they have also been instrumental in the development of computer software for the blind. Copyright (C) 2010 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover & Edward Turner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.