August 29, 2010 in Multimedia (F)
[prMac.com] Boston, Mass - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, announced that a new Boris Continuum Unit, 3-Way Color Grade, is now available. The Boris Continuum 3-Way Color Grade Unit brings professional-level color grading tools to desktop editing and compositing systems.
"The 3-Way Color Grade Unit is a professional color correction tool that editors will use on a daily basis," commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. "Built-in masking and keying tools allow editors to isolate areas for secondary color correction. Separate color grading can be applied to the inside and outside of a mask, eliminating an extra compositing step."
Boris Continuum 3-Way Color Grade Unit Feature Highlights
* Primary Color and Luma Controls. Separately adjust dark, mid, and bright regions of an input clip using industry-standard lift/gamma/gain controls.
* Built-in Power Window Matte and Masking System with Motion Tracking. Isolate a color adjustment to a specific region in the image. Adobe After Effects masks and matte layers can be imported - a perfect complement to CS5's new Rotobrush tool.
* Inside/Outside Color Grading. Separate color correction can be applied inside and outside of the mask region within a single instance of the filter.
* Built-in HSL Keyer. Isolate areas of the image based on color values for more precise color adjustment or to replace the selected color.
* Exposure Parameter. Enables fine-level exposure control; editors can globally lighten or darken an image by setting f-stops in the slider control.
* Built-in Compare Mode. Enables live-view comparison of the filtered result with the unfiltered source via either a side-by-side view or a live split-screen view.
The Boris Continuum 3-Way Color Grade Unit supports Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Final Cut Express, Apple Motion, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Premiere Pro. The 3-Way Color Grade filter is also included with the Boris Continuum Complete 7 visual effects plug-in collection.
The 3-Way Color Grade Unit is the latest addition to previously-released Boris Continuum Units: Chroma Key, Pan and Zoom, UpRez, Motion Key, Lens Flare, Film Process, Glitters, Optical Stabilizer, Light Rays, 3D Objects, Cartoon Look, Motion Tracker, Image Restoration, Materials, Shaders, Beat Reactor, and Lens Blur.
Pricing and Availability:
The Boris Continuum 3-Way Color Grade Unit is immediately available through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX web site at www.borisfx.com for an MSRP of $99 USD. Customers who purchase the Boris Continuum 3-Way Color Grade Unit or any other Boris Continuum Unit may credit the price of the Unit towards the full Boris Continuum Complete plug-in suite. For more information, please visit the Boris FX web site.
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for broadcast, post-production, film, and multimedia. Boris products have grown to serve millions of artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, and Sony.