New pro iPad music App, touchAble - Control Ableton Live with your iPad
September 1, 2010 in Music
[prMac.com] Berlin, Germany - AppBC today announced that its new controller solution for Ableton Live, touchAble 1.0, is now available on Apple's AppStore for iPad. This unique iPad app is the first application to give Ableton Live users full control over their digital audio workstation, without the tiresome process of manual midi-mapping. touchAble allows live users to walk away from their computer and perform live from anywhere within Wi-Fi range (using ad-hoc connection or router) while keeping latency at a minimum.
Five modules and two command menus, including grid clip, mixer, devices, keys, pads, transport, clip, provide a powerful, intuitive and reliable multitouch control solution for professional use. touchAble includes templates for lives plugins and is fully compatible with vsts, audiounits and instruments.
Since its official announcement, touchAble has been strongly relayed by music production medias on the web, translating into a real expectation for the first complete multitouch controller for Ableton live on iPad. touchAble offers more than a basic clip launcher: It's an all-in-one solution at an affordable price.
AppBC partners and co-creators Berlin Developer Christian Blomert and French avant-garde House music producer Sylvain Garcia stated: "We are really excited to introduce our all-in-one solution to the market, and we believe it has the potential to become the new standard for dedicated multitouch control surfaces for Ableton Live". "iPad and Ableton Live users now have a powerful tool to tweak and play their sounds in studio sessions or on stage."
With a reduced introductory price of 13.99 Euros/$16.99, touchAble may attract thousands of Ableton Live users from newbies to professionals. Some well known artists, attracted by this reliable all-in-one portable control solution, are already up to use touchAble on stage:
* Navigate around the set using touches. Need to go faster? Use more fingers
* Clips & scenes with full colour and name feedback
* 8x15 clips in fullscreen, 8x7 clips in halfscreen allow a great overview over your set
* Access to arm & solo functions
* Playing position feedback inside clips
* Grid always stays in sync with the set you're controlling
* Stop Toggle provides a safe, yet easy way to stop tracks & clips
* Famous coloured box around currently shown clips within Live
* Unlimited tracks, navigate with the touch-sensitive cross
* Volumes, returns A-D, panning, monitors, resets, master & return volumes
* 2 different modes in fullscreen: Mode 8 to control two different parameters for the same 8 tracks, Mode 16 to control 16 tracks at once
* Scared of clipping? Output-meters provide feedback of each tracks/masters/returns output-levels
* Mute-buttons for each track
* Intuitive device selection screen using touch scrolling. Toggle mode to enable & disable devices from the overview
* Compatible with vsts, audiounits and native live plugins
* Native Templates for few of Lives devices More will be added in the next updates
* Choose between 3 device modes: Native Mode, FX8 with 8 and FX32 with 32 parameters to be controlled at once
* Navigate and control unlimited parameters with bank switches
* Never lose a parameter in the heat of a set: parameter name & value feedback directly inside the faders
* FX8 & FX32: Different fader-colours differentiate continious parameters and multistate-toggles
* Control 2 devices at the same time
* 17 note Keyboard
* Touch & scroll Octave-selector
* 2 velocity modes: global or range
* Range velocity mode provides 5 velocity steps within the same key: Press the key on top for low velocity, press it on bottom for maximum velocity
* Keys change colour to reflect current level of velocity
* Tweak the minimal velocity during range mode with the provided slider
* Perform with 2 keyboards in full screen mode
* 8 or 16 pads mode
* Touch & scroll Pad-selector
* 2 velocity modes: global or range
* Range velocity mode with 5 different steps
* Pads change colour to reflect current level of velocity
Clip & Transport control:
* Change parameters of clips : pitch, detune, loop, length, position
* Easy access to transport functions: play/stop, midi overdub, cue level, metronome, nudge up/down, midi record and launch quantization
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.2 or later
* 3.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
For a limited time only, touchAble 1.0 is $16.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category. Regular updates adding more native templates and functionality are a given, Step-Sequencer and X&Y Pads to come!
AppBC is a company founded By Christian Blomert and Sylvain Garcia, dedicated to iPhone and iPad apps. Copyright (C) 2010 AppBC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.