March 11, 2008 in Networks and FTP (E)
[prMac.com] Sursee, Switzerland - uncomplex gmbh has released Mailplane 1.61, their popular Google Mail client for Mac OS X. Acting as a site specific web browser for Google's Gmail, Mailplane is a full fledged Mail client for the Desktop. Version 1.61 adds Italian translation, many improvements and bug fixes.
Mailplane fully integrates the Gmail web interface into the Mac experience, offering users the best of both worlds. And since Mailplane doesn't change the way Gmail works, its unique features can still be enjoyed, including conversations, labels, global access, endless storage, spam protection, and the ever fast and powerful Google search.
Mailplane supports multiple Gmail and Google Apps accounts, the app lets the user easily switch between accounts without the need to sign in/sign out from the Gmail accounts.
With full iLife integration, users can browse and attach files from their iPhoto and iTunes libraries. Downloads can be directly imported into iPhoto as well. The integrated screenshot tool lets the user take and attach a window, screen or region.
Users can Drag and Drop files and images on the dock application icon, or any Mailplane window to create and upload attachments. And with automatic photo optimization, image attachments can be converted and resized to make the message even smaller.
Mailplane can play a user defined sound, as well as show the number of unread messages in the application icon, account drawer and status menu item. As Mailplane monitors all Gmail accounts, unread message counters and message subjects are displayed for each account. For even more appealing notifications, Mailplane fully integrates with Growl. Mail can be sent directly from the Mac address book, Safari or any application showing "mailto" urls.
Other Feature highlights include:
* Passwords can be stored in the keychain. The user can switch between accounts to control all inboxes.
* Text Snippets: The user can store text snippets and insert them into emails to add custom signatures or text.
* Google Talk: If somebody wants to talk, Mailplane shows a Growl notification. The brand-new Google Talk Gadget offers some nice features like video and photo preview.
* Google Mail can fully be used with Mac keyboard shortcuts. Important commands can be accessed by using customizable toolbar.
* Mail PDF with Mailplane: Any application can print a PDF directly to Mailplane to compose a new message.
English, Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Spanish and Swedish.
* Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 Tiger or 10.5.2 Leopard
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 58.5 MB Hard Drive space
* Internet connection
* One or more Gmail account(s)
* Optional: iPhoto 5 or later
* Optional: Growl
Pricing and Availability:
A single user license is priced at only $24.95 USD and may be used by a single person on two Macs. A Family option (5 users in same household) can be purchased for only $8.00 USD. Educational discounts are available. A full-featured, 30-day trial version can be downloaded. The 1.61 release is a recommended update for all customers.
Located in beautiful Sursee, Switzerland, uncomplex gmbh is a privately funded company founded in 2007 by Monique and Ruben Bakker. With an focus on the Mac platform, uncomplex' mission is to combine great web applications with the productivity and beauty of OS X. Copyright 2007-2008 uncomplex gmbh. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Google, Gmail, and the Google logo, are registered trademarks of Google Inc.