September 15, 2010 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Palo Alto, California - Dataphase Ltd., a Smartphone solutions provider, has released Home Radio Pro 1.0, a new iPhone(TM) application for playing, discovering, and recording streaming radio. Home Radio Pro enables users to discover music and programming from over 65,000 stations around the world. With a built-in Recorder, full iOS 4 multi-tasking support, and the ability to browse by country, type of music, sport, news, or station name, Home Radio Pro is the ultimate radio experience. In just a few short days since it's release, Home Radio Pro is already in the top 12 for music in the App Store!
Home Radio Pro includes settings and search options that make discovering new content easy and fun. To discover new music, search for the name of a band and get a list of all stations playing their songs right now. To find a favorite station, browse by Country or select 'Local' to find stations by geographic area. News and Sports buffs can easily find programs and podcasts with their favorite content. With over 65,000 stations, Home Radio Pro has something for everyone.
Using Home Radio Pro's built-in Recorder, consumers can record, save and playback the songs and programs they love. Once a Recording has been saved, it's available to listen to until it's deleted, and the ultra-compressed format means that recordings won't hog device memory. Consumers can also revisit programming they've discovered by easily adding a station to their Favorites list or taking advantage of in-app links to the iTunes store. Power Users are able to control stream quality and type, set recording options, and even add custom stations to their personal copy of Home Radio Pro.
"Home Radio Pro is the ultimate listening and management platform for people who love radio," said Mr. Noam Gordon, co-founder of Home Radio. "We decided to put together a huge collection of stations that exceeds anything currently available. And then we put that together with the richest set of features, incredible sound quality and a built-in Recorder make it certain that users will find Home Radio Pro to be powerful, easy to use and - best of all - fun."
Home Radio Pro Key Features:
* 65,000+ stations - including well-known commercial stations along with community, student, amateur, artistic stations with unique music and content, and more
* Browse and Search by station, song, genre, or artist and find what's playing NOW - surprisingly effective, fast and friendly search functionality
* Create favorites list with station icons
* Includes full access to ShoutCast Radio, RadioTime, Icecast and more - for free
* Background Streaming with iOS 4 (and without for many streams)
* Stream over wi-fi or cellular network, control buffer size
* Choose to play the last-played station on launch
* Record and play back songs and broadcasts (incredible compression and high quality recordings)
* Access station website and Twitter feed and post to Facebook and Twitter.
* Supports all major streaming formats, including mp3, aac, and Windows media, (mms/wma) streams
* Full iOS 4 Support - control the music directly from remote or headphones
* Free upgrades: We're constantly adding new features and stations
Additional Home Radio Products:
Listen to favorite stations from home with Home Radio Australia, Home Radio Taiwan + Recorder, Home Radio Brazil, Home Radio Israel + Recorder, Home Radio Canada, and Home Radio Italy.
* Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Multi-tasking requires iOS 4
* 8.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Home Radio Pro 1.0 is only $5.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music and News categories. Video Review coming on 9/28/2010 on DailyAppShow.
Home Radio produces a series of mobile apps that help you keep in touch with the music, news and information you love, wherever you are, whenever you want. HomeRadio is a division of DataPhase, Ltd., a boutique software house based in Tel Aviv and the Silicon Valley, California, and with a unique expertise in mobile and database software development. Dataphase Ltd. Copyright (C) 2010, all rights reserved. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. App Store, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, iTunes, and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. Apple, Inc. shares no affiliations with Dataphase Ltd. or Home Radio and does not endorse either company.