September 30, 2010 in Travel (F)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - City of London Consulting Ltd. has released Bus - London Edition 4.2, a new IPhone app to make bus travel in London much easier. Easy access to London Bus Stop maps on your iPhone, enhanced viewer for reading maps and even track your bus from the air using our Bird's Eye tracker. Bus - London Edition is now flagged by Apple as What's Hot/New And Noteworthy in UK iTunes Stores.
Bus Stop Area Maps are those bus maps on most bus shelters in London that show all the routes passing through your local area. (also known as Spider Maps). You know the ones you try to read but there's always someone sitting in front of them and they moan as you trying and read over their shoulder. It's probably late and dark and you might be worse for wear and focusing in the dark might be a problem.
Or it's early and you're late for work. The tube station was closed from over crowding and you've been thrown out onto the street to find your own way to work. Or a bus is hurtling down the street towards you. You can see its number but not the destinations. You wish you'd gone to Specsavers. You need to find the stops fast!
* Start it up, it finds the nearest bus area maps for your location on TFL's site and displays it
* We have mapped the center of over 900 bus area maps (day and night ones)
* Enhanced Map Viewer - TFL Bus maps are big. We provide buttons to move quickly around the map
* All routes and stops in easy to read lists. Find the bus stops and your location on a Google Map
* Search by Route Number - enter a route number, we show you all the areas/maps/boroughs it passes through
* Search by Address: going to a concert? visiting friends? Find nearby maps to the venue. Find your way home and avoid the Tube dash at 12
* There's a bus hurtling down the road at you fast. You can see the number but not sure whether you can take it. Enter the route number and in 3/4 taps you can see all the stops
* Track Yourself From The Air In 3D/Birds Eye - As you move the map moves, even when you're walking, on a bus or even a train. Good for keeping the kids occupied, big or small
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 4.0 or later
* 10 MB
Pricing and Availability:
For a limited time, Bus - London Edition 4.2 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Travel category. Free promo codes available to the press. Apple has flagged the app as New and Noteworthy and What's Hot in UK Store Travel section after just one day. Another example of the independent developer still having a chance in the App Store.
City of London Consulting Ltd. is a small IPhone, Web and Java development house based in the City of London, United Kingdom. Company Registration Number: 6027465. Registered VAT Number: 893 898 144. Copyright (C) 2010 City Of London Consulting Limited. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.