March 20, 2008 in Networks and FTP (E)
[prMac.com] IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sydney, Australia - Ortabe is delighted to announce the immediate availability of NetFinder 3.1. Developed exclusively for Mac OS X Tiger and later, NetFinder is an easy to use, yet advanced file transfer, management and automation tool for remote servers and local files.
Supporting a number of protocols, including FTP, FTP SSL/TLS, SFTP, WebDAV and iDisk, NetFinder incorporates numerous operating system features to offer the richest user experience in a simple to use interface.
* ftp, ftps, ftpsi, sftp, http, webdav, idisk, file ...
* Simple yet powerful bookmarking system
* Label, comment, copy, move, rename, delete, duplicate, new file/folder, zip etc., as easily as the Finder
* Manage web sites with simple or advanced mirroring features
* iWeb friendly
* Automate tasks that take minutes with a single click
Among only one of Netfinder's new features is it's enhanced iDisk integration. Users may simply select the "My iDisk" menu directly from the application without going through the Finder. Netfinder transparently fetches account details directly from the users computer and connects.
Netfinder is built from the ground up using Apple's latest technologies. This new update continues to enhance the performance of NetFinder to ensure utmost flexibility. Version 3.1 includes various key improvements, optimized for Mac OS X Leopard and a recommended update for all NetFinder customers.
* Added QuickLook support for viewing files (10.5 only)
* Added QuickLook previewing of bookmarks and mirror/bookmark collections (10.5 only)
* Added "Code Signing" (10.5 only)
* Added Bonjour menu
* Added AddressBook menu
* Added support for Spotlight
* Added support for Services Menu
- Users can instruct NetFinder to upload a file from the Finder
- Users can select a text string and request NetFinder to download a file
- Users may create reports from NetFinder into other applications
* Added a Contextual Menu Plugin for the OS, allowing users to:
- Get URL, download a URL or open the folder in NetFinder
- Upload a selection in the Finder using NetFinder to a remote server
- Upload the selection to a specific window/folder currently opened in NetFinder
- Create New Empty File, Create New Mirror Placeholder right in the Finder
- Reveal a selected item in the Finder in NetFinder
* Added a "Go" menu, just like the OSX Finder
* Added a much simpler way to connect to iDisk accounts
* Added support for "Set Permissions"
* Added lots of new icons to better blend into Leopard.
* Fixed an issue which cause NetFinder to not connect to some webdav servers including iDisk on certain machines
* Fixed the GURL AppleScript handling, so it is now compatible with NetFinder v2
* Fixed handling of requests from Spotlight search results window
* Fixed various errors in the documentation
* Tweaked various parts of UI for a better user experience
* Updated some French localizations
* Included partial German localization
English, Japanese, French and German
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 22.2 MB Hard Drive space
* Internet connection
"Over its lifetime, NetFinder has won several awards and some organizations giving it a five star rating." said Peter Li of Ortabe. "We are honored by this and will continue to add new features as well as support all the great new technologies that Apple and the internet have to offer." "Thank you for taking the time to try out NetFinder. We hope that NetFinder will satisfy all your internet file transfer, management and automation needs."
Pricing and Availability:
NetFinder 3.1 is available as a single-user license for only $24.95 USD. Upgrades from NetFinder versions 1.x, 2.x to 3.x are only $11.95 USD. Student licenses are offered for v3.x $11.95 USD (Current year student ID required). Student upgrades from versions 1.x, 2.x to 3.x are free. A cross-grade from another FTP client is also available for $9.95 USD.
Located in beautiful Sydney, Australia, Ortabe is a small privately funded company founded in 2006 by Peter Li. With over 12 years commercial product experience, Ortabe's passion is providing the highest quality software with a keen focus on total customer satisfaction. The software Ortabe writes is used by them everyday, so customers can be guaranteed that their products look good, easy-to-use and provide rock solid reliability. Copyright 1997-2008 Ortabe and Peter Li. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other products mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners.