March 29, 2008 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Mainz, Germany - After less than a month and more than one release a week, MacFamilyTree 5.1 makes it "out of beta"! Download the newest update to our popular genealogy application and enjoy the many new features and enhancements added to the user interface as well as to overall functionality.
* Media Browser
- interactive 'gallery' and another entry point to browse and access all pictures available in your family tree.
* Media Pane "Redux"
- the Media panes are now available all over MacFamilyTree, they offer quick navigation and have been updated with a slide show to make working with your family tree a real joy.
* Address Book import
- quickly and comfortably add your family members via direct import from Address Book.
* Database Maintenance
- quickly harmonize all date entries in your database to match your preferred date format. This tool also allows you to easily filter your database for unused (empty) items which then can be quickly removed.
* Fan Charts
- with 5.1 we introduce the view "Fan Chart" which displays your ancestors in a well-structured way, is fully configurable and easy to edit. Fan Charts can be visualized in multicolour and line-art - just as you wish.
* Enhanced GUI
- substantial GUI enhancements in MacFamilyTree 5.1 make better use of media in Person, Family, Source and Event Edit Modes. Inline help texts and documentation have been improved. We also placed more direct-access buttons, e.g. for Kekule number management right on the frontmost interface level, and added age as a separate, sortable column in Person list view.
* Improved Performance
- many minor and not-so-minor performance enhancements and fixes all over MacFamilyTree.
* More Localizations
- added Danish, Spanish and Swedish localizations; MacFamilyTree 5 also ships with English, Finnish, French, German and Italian. More languages will be supported in the near future via free updates over the internet.
* Limited Crossgrade Promotion
- until May 31, 2008, we offer a discounted "Crossgrade" for users of other genealogy applications: send us your proof of purchase, and you will receive your personal coupon code for a 25% discount on the online (download) version of MacFamilyTree 5.
* Now available: PayPal
- use PayPal secure payment options from within all our online stores, on eSellerate as well as on DUREG.com.
US English, French, German, Italian as well as Danish, Finnish, Spanish and Swedish.
MacFamilyTree 5 requires Mac OS X 10.4.9 »Tiger« or higher, a PPC Macintosh with 512 MByte RAM (1024 recommended), ATI Radeon 7500 or NVidia GeForce 4 MX graphics chipset or better and a minimum of 16 MByte video memory. All Macintosh computers with Intel processors and Intel's GMA 950 graphics chipset or better are supported. MacFamilyTree 5 is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
Pricing and Availability:
MacFamilyTree 5 can be purchased for $49.00 USD. $25 USD upgrade. Demo is also available for download. Update from all previous versions of MacFamilyTree requires valid registration key from previous versions. For customers who purchased MacFamilyTree 4 on, or after August 14th, 2007 the upgrade to MacFamilyTree 5 is free. Registration codes will automatically work with MacFamilyTree 5. Please also see our special limited Crossgrade Promotion above!
Synium Software GmbH is a software development and consulting company, based in Mainz (Mayence), Germany. Apart from being a successful publisher within the Mac software market, we offer a popular web-based news service at mactechnews.de for the German-speaking audience. All Material and Software (C) 2005-2007 Synium Software GmbH / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.