October 31, 2010 in Business (F)
[prMac.com] Pisa, Italy - Dathlon has released the 2.1 version of Linguae (the Latin word for 'Languages'), a free application for iPhone/iPod touch with iOS 3.X and 4.X which uses the well-known Google Translation Services to translate words and sentences to and from 52 languages. The application has a new simple and intuitive interface, unlike the interfaces of similar applications, that makes using it a breeze. In fact, the input and output texts can exchange their role, making it easy to check a translation by submitting it again to Google and seeing the result in your own language. Moreover, other features makes unique this application:
* NEW: You can send immediately, from inside the application, a translation as mail (on iPhone and iPod touch) or as SMS (on iPhone)
* Every translation is saved in the "Recent translations" pane
* Recent translations are automatically used, when possible, to avoid unnecessary network connections
* You can correct a translation, and the correction is saved in the Recent translations
* You can search the recent translations
* NEW: You can translate a web page by writing its address as input text
* NEW: The recent translations can be can be sent by mail as a single CSV file, which can be opened by any spreadsheet program
* The application is complemented with translation tips and a detailed help
The following is the list of the available languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish.
* US English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 4.0 Tested)
* 0.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Linguae 2.1 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Business and Travel categories.
Dathlon is a group of talented and motivated people, based in Italy, with many years of experience in application development, database design and deployment, user interface design. Dathlon has published sophisticated poetry e-books in the annoteBook series in English, French and Italian both for iPhone/iPod touch and iPad, as well as Allidator, a simple and powerful multimedia database manager for iPhone/iPod touch with a strict integration with the device capabilities. Copyright (C) 2010 Dathlon. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.