November 10, 2010 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Sacramento, California - iHomeEducator today is pleased to announce the release of iLiveGrammar Autumn 4.0 - an educational grammar and science app which includes a large collection of stunning autumn photography images.
Arlene Lee, home educator and Chief Mom explains, "Autumn is a time where we watch leaves turning color, animals preparing for winter, birds migrating, and people picking pumpkins. We decided to use this colorful season to build sentences to help us teach grammar to our children."
The four lessons include:
* Lesson 1: Nouns and Verbs
* Lesson 2: Adjectives and Adverbs
* Lesson 3: Prepositions, Articles, Conjunctions, and Nouns
* Lesson 4: Review
iLiveGrammar randomly displays a sentence with a word highlighted:
* Sentences are associated with pictures where a specific word or words are highlighted
* Pick from the scrolling picker: noun, verb, adjective, adverb, preposition, article, etc. which is associated to the highlighted word(s)
* The sentence and answers are tracked for record keeping and can be emailed and blogged
* Reports have been enhanced to highlight the word(s) in yellow, the Correct Answer is highlighted in green and the Incorrect Answer is highlighted in red
* Related science and grammar videos are linked in as an incentive for the students
Using the Apple iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter the teacher can control the app as well as display the sentence and photograph on an external projector. The Apple iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter is supported by the iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod touch (4th generation). All iLiveGrammar apps ported to 4.0 will support this new adapter.
* iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
* Universal App design and layout
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1.2 or later
* Compiled and tested on iOS4
Pricing and Availability:
iLiveGrammar Autumn 4.0 is offered at the list price of $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
iHomeEducator was founded in 2009 by a credentialed California State Board of Education mother and family actively home educating three children through a Charter School. Through this personal journey we are building apps for ourselves and educators around the world. We hope to help children master mathematical concepts combined with engaging social studies, science, history, and literature themes. Copyright (C) 2009-2010 iHomeEducator. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.