April 14, 2008 in FileMaker (E)
[prMac.com] Fremont, CA - .com Solutions Inc. has released FmPro Migrator 4.03 for MacOS X and Windows. FmPro Migrator 4.03 incorporates a new graphical user interface for all aspects of the FileMaker conversion process. It is no longer necessary to have Perl installed on your computer or to run migration scripts or SQL scripts on the command line. Results from the Get Fieldsize migration step are automatically used to generate the Table Creation SQL code, which no longer requires manually updating the SQL code with column size info.
FmPro Migrator is a stand-alone application which migrates FileMaker databases to MySQL, Oracle, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL and FrontBase. SQL Server and Access databases can also be converted to FileMaker 7, 8, 9.
FmPro Migrator Developer Edition includes all of the features of FmPro Migrator, but also includes a Table Consolidation feature which performs automated copying of Tables/Fields, Table Occurrences, Relationships, ScriptMaker scripts and Layouts between FileMaker 8, 8.5 and 9 database files on MacOS X and Windows.
FmPro Migrator 4.03 new features include:
* New Graphical Interface - The new graphical interface for all aspects of the migration process. It is no longer necessary to have Perl installed on your computer or to run migration scripts or SQL scripts on the command line to perform database migrations. Results from the Get Fieldsize migration step are automatically used to generate the Table Creation SQL code, which no longer requires manually editing the SQL code with column size info.
* Automated Table Consolidation Feature - Developer Edition Feature - Table Consolidation projects are now implemented with an entirely new automated migration process. The Table Consolidation feature now includes the copying Tables/Fields, Table Occurrences, Relationships, Layouts and ScriptMaker scripts between FileMaker 8, 8.5 and 9 database files on MacOS X and Windows. A remapping feature remaps Table Occurrences within Layouts and ScriptMaker scripts when they are re-created in the consolidated database file. Layout text can also be changed with a search and replace feature when the layouts are copied.
* FileMaker 7, 8, 9 Repeating Fields Support - Support has been added for migrating repeating fields within FileMaker 7, 8, 9 databases using auto-generated ScriptMaker data transformation scripts. This feature overcomes the lack of repeating fields support within new versions of the FileMaker ODBC driver. Repeating fields data can now be transferred to SQL databases and used with the new External SQL Sources feature incorporated within FileMaker 9.
* Container Field Export Feature - The container field export feature supports the 22 container field data types available within FileMaker 7, 8, 9 database files including: EMBO, EMF+, EPS, FILE, FPix, FORK, GIFf, JPEG, JP2, META, METO, moov, PDF, PICT, PNGf, PNTG, qtif.SGI, snd, TIFF, TPIC, XMLO, 8BPS.
* PostgreSQL BYTEA Columns Supported - PostgreSQL database migrations include support for writing FileMaker container field data into PostgreSQL BYTEA columns. Binary data within PostgreSQL BYTEA columns can easily be viewed and updated with graphical management tools like Navicat on MacOS X and Windows.
* OpenBase Database Support - FileMaker databases can now be migrated to OpenBase tables. OpenBase migrations include support for transferring FileMaker container field data into OpenBase OBJECT columns.
* Context Sensitive Help - Clicking a table name in the Migration Process window displays instructions and troubleshooting info which is specific to the type of migration currently being performed.
Existing FmPro Migrator customers may upgrade to FmPro Migrator 4.03 at no charge. The single-user licensing includes a copy of FmPro Migrator for both MacOS X (Universal Binary) and Windows platforms. FmPro Migrator customers may upgrade to FmPro Migrator Developer Edition for $100. A functional demo version of FmPro Migrator is available. For more info please visit their website.
.com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, PostgreSQL and FrontBase developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker ScriptMaker scripts, FmPro Layout Diff, compares FileMaker Layouts. FmPro Migrator migrates FileMaker databases to and from FileMaker. Installgen automates over 100 Oracle install procedures on Solaris, Windows, Linux and MacOS X. Repgen replicates Oracle data in a multi-master configuration on Solaris, Windows, Linux and MacOS X. For more information about .com Solutions Inc., please visit their website.