November 17, 2010 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, California - Independent game developer Pina Para La Nina Interactive is pleased to announce the upcoming release of Word Flurry, the soon-to-be classic anagram word finding game that sets the new standard for usability and fun.
Word Flurry takes the classic anagram game and adds what many of the others are missing: ease of play. By adding intuitive game controls, like selecting multiple letters in a single swipe and quick last-word recall, Word Flurry gives the player the ability to choose words in a fraction of the time as other similar games, and allows the player to play the game almost as quickly as they can think.
Word Flurry gives players the option to play a casual game at their own pace, or battle the clock in a timed challenge. Players can choose to show off their vocabulary by hunting for all possible anagrams - which are drawn from the Official Tournament and Club Word list - or can opt for a shorter list of more commonly used words by choosing the "everyday words" option.
Word Flurry provides a revolutionary user interface, bright animated graphics, multiple game play options to suit any player's taste, and over 1,000 unique hand-crafted puzzles to keep word anagram game fans busy for hours and hours.
Word Flurry features:
* Slick user interface built specifically for speedy game play and ease of use
* Over 1,000 hand-crafted puzzles, using the Official Tournament and Club Word List, TWL06
* Play puzzles with the full unabridged dictionary, or with common "everyday" words only
* Comes with soothing background music, or play your own iPod tunes
* Crisp, colorful graphics and animation
* Designed and developed exclusively for the iPhone and iPod touch
* Rated 4+ so everyone in the family can play
* Scratch-built OpenGL engine
* Indie developed in the USA
* Requires iPhone 3G or later, iPod touch 2G or later, or iPad (compatibility mode)
* Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later (tested on iOS 4.0)
* 6.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Word Flurry 1.0 is priced at $0.99 (USD) and will be available worldwide November 25, 2010, exclusively in the Apple App Store, Games category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers.
Pina Para La Nina Interactive, based in Los Angeles, California, is an independent game development studio focused on providing interactive entertainment for all ages. Copyright (C) 2010 Pina Para La Nina Interactive. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.