November 22, 2010 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Berlin, Germany - AppBC today is pleased to announce that a major update to its acclaimed dedicated Ableton Live controller application, touchAble for iPad, is now available for download on Apple's App Store. In its newest version, touchAble 1.1, touchAble team has added a number of most wanted enhancements and some new powerful extra features, making this complete controller for Ableton Live more flexible, more reliable and faster. This includes: tempo control, resizable tracks and slots, relative faders, global record, new menus design, inertial scrolling, and a set of great enhancements.
Co-creators,Christian Blomert and Sylvain Garcia commented : "Since day one of the release we've been collecting users and professionals requests, this first major update is our reply to this fantastic dialog we had set up with them. So, we decided to change and fix more than we initially planned"
Ableton Live users and iPad owners have a flexible yet powerful controller and instrument at their disposal to get the best from their favorite DAW, Ableton Live 8.
touchAble 1.1 features and changes include:
* Multitasking (needs iOS 4.2)
* "Disable Sleep" option
* Changeable track width: show 8/4/2 tracks at once - Great for Live-performances
* Changeable clip height: normal size & double size
* If you decide to show 4 or 2 tracks instead of 8 the mixer-view will automatically show more parameters at once
* 2 tracks-mode will show volume, send A B and another parameter of your choice per track
* Momentary solo/cue buttons : a short tap on solo/cue will toggle it on / off, a long tap will toggle on when you begin the touch and toggle off when you lift your finger
* Optional "relative faders": Instead of jumping to your fingers position the faders will only move the amount that your finger moved before
* Dedicated global stop and record buttons
* Tempo Control: Drag with your Finger over the BPM counter to increase / decrease the tempo. To change it faster start on the left side, to do it slower drag on the right side
* Current song position display
* Connection optimization : the connection is now even more reliable, stable and faster
* Loading & reloading clips is now 10x faster
* touchAble will automatically be synced and stay updated if you load a new set
* If you delete / add tracks the set will be updated in the background, no annoying wait-times anymore
* Server App autodefaults to touchAble 1 for iPad 1 & touchAble 2 for iPad 2. On Windows it will default do MIDI Yoke 1 & 2
Graphic User Interface
* Inertia Scrolling in all Live-related modules (Clips, Mixer, Devices)
* Trigger, recording & stopping animations on clips
* Moving one view from top to bottom or the other way around will no longer leave the old half empty. The views will switch
* Lots of design-changes throughout the app. New menu-bar, mixer, clips, cross and more
* eq8: added highlight to currently selected dot
* Fixed: Clips now show playstatus after new load / reload
* Fixed: clips without names now don't show the name of the clip processed
* Fixed: a scene without a name doesn't use the name of the scene processed before anymore
* Fixed: an issue that rendered the bottom left corner unresponsive
* Fixed unreadable text on white clips
touchAble is an unique iPad app is the first application to give Ableton Live users full control over their digital audio workstation, without the tiresome process of manual midi-mapping. touchAble allows live users to walk away from their computer and perform live from anywhere within Wi-Fi range (using ad-hoc connection or router) while keeping latency at a minimum. It includes five modules and two command menus, including grid clip, mixer, devices, keys, pads, transport, clip, provide a powerful, intuitive and reliable multitouch control solution for professional use. touchAble includes templates for lives plugins and is fully compatible with vsts, audiounits and instruments.
touchAble is supported by many professional musicians, performers, DJs and composers around the world, who use touchAble on stage or in studio.
"Congratulations on making the kind of App that justifies my purchase of the iPad in the first place! I love how ergonomic the graphic layout is. The client software is outstanding and simple to set up" Vernon Reid - (Living Colour, Yohimbe Brothers)
"You guys did an amazing job integrating your software with Ableton. " Nosaj Thing
"It's amazingly stable and definitely supa easy to use!
I tried many different options for Ipad, but nothin' can compete.
This is a hit! 10/10" Ripperton
"What I have seen is by far the best Ableton iPad App I have tested so far. Much respect from here" Henrik Schwarz
"So far, so good, I'm really happy the way the app works out." Aril Brikha
Future Music UK:
"You may think about touchAble and an iPad instead of a hardware controller. A compliment indeed."
Musictech Mag UK:
"It can handle the majority of performance or interactive elements within Live without requiring any manual controller design or mapping, making it an easy-to-use but nonetheless powerful Live controller." 9/10
"The cheaper, more fully featured touchAble is a clear all-round winner. Its advanced control options give it the advantage in terms of power and make it the obvious choice for studio use and live performance."
De:Bug Mag DE:
"Definitely a recommendation for all iPad users who think about buying a controller for Live - even though touchAble isn't able to deliver haptic feedback in many areas it has advantages to physical controllers. It's worth it - even for studio-use."
Create Digital Music
"touchAble is an all-in-one solution, with a range of surprisingly-sophisticated-looking control pages."
"... a serious contender for the best iPad app for controlling Ableton ..."
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* Ableton Live 8.1.1 minimum
* Mac OSX 10.5 and above or Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
* touchAble server (downloadable for free)
* 3.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
touchAble 1.1 is $24.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
AppBC is a iOS applications developing company based in Berlin, Germany. Copyright (C) 2010 AppBC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.