SintraWorks releases CommandPDF 1.0 for Mac OS X - PDF Imposition Tool
November 30, 2010 in Publishing
[prMac.com] Parede, Portugal - SintraWorks today is delighted to announce CommandPDF 1.0 for Mac OS X. CommandPDF is a PDF imposition tool designed to handle intense imposition workflows. It consists of one GUI application to design and test imposition templates, and two command line applications, one to impose PDF documents according to a chosen imposition template, and a daemon to automate the process. CommandPDF will also overlay the pages of documents on top of each other (useful for letterheads and for multilingual publications, etc.).
Feature Highlights include:
* CommandPDF Template Editor to visually design and test imposition templates
* Fully customisable impositions (incl. Step & Repeat): Create imposition templates for books, magazines, business cards, etc.
* CommandPDF command line application for efficient imposition of PDF documents, without the overhead of a GUI application
* CommandPDFd a multithreaded command line daemon that automates the workflow by watching a user designated input folder for incoming PDF documents, processing them according to a designated imposition template, and placing the results in a designated output folder
* Run multiple daemons for multiple workflows (with different templates)
* Overlay/underlay pages of one PDF document onto the pages of another document
* Overlay finishing and proofing marks onto the final document
* Launchctl script support
Printing, graphic design and prepress professionals alike will immediately appreciate CommandPDF's flexible and advanced control over the layout of the final document. CommandPDF was designed from the ground up to be efficient with large source documents, and calculates impositions blindingly fast. The template editor's instant previews, make it cheap to experiment in time sensitive environments: play with margin settings, page distribution, finishing marks, or any other layout options. Create layouts that fit professional needs, whether for in-house printing, publication, distribution, and more.
* Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and later
* Intel Mac
* 16 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
CommandPDF 1.0 is available with a single-user license for 199.95 USD (Approx. 150 EUR at current exchange rate). Before registration it functions as a full-featured demo, whose only limitation is that each page is stamped with a watermark. As an introductory offer SintraWorks is offering CommandPDF 1.0 at 30% off the regular price, until December 14th 2010.
Located in beautiful Parede, Portugal, SintraWorks is a privately funded company founded in 2006 by Antonio Nunes. Committed to providing the highest quality software, SintraWorks' focus is developing productivity solutions for the Mac and iOS platforms, with a major emphasis on total customer satisfaction. Copyright 2006-2010 SintraWorks. All Rights Reserved. Apple and the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.