December 2, 2010 in Sports (E)
[prMac.com] Boca Raton, Florida - Announcing Sports Data Systems, Inc., the developer of myGolfstats, has exciting news for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. This is a major update for the application, which offers the same golf scoring features that the pros use, along with the opportunity for users to claim a USGA Handicap. The version two release includes enhancements such as goal setting, club distance, a place to note pro tips, the ability to view the scores of a player's group members and to share scores on Facebook and Twitter.
The myGolfstats is Sports Data System's way of freeing golfers from their little pencils and paper scorecards, enhancing their game and offering them the chance to get their very own USGA Handicap. Thanks to myGolfstats, amateurs golfers are able to use the same scoring techniques used by professional golfers, quickly, easily and reliably on their iDevice. A number of scoring categories are included such as, driving, putts, sand saves, fairways, scrambles and much more. Every type of score situation is covered in the application and only require a tap to access.
For handicaps, users have two options. They can get a free one from a Sports Data Systems partner site, or for a small fee, have their own official USGA handicap. Whichever a player chooses, their score is displayed on that site. myGolfstats is the only application on the market that is capable of calculating a golfer's USGA handicap. Some of the app's newest enhancements in version two allow users to set goals and compare after each round; find out how far they hit each club, view their group's scorecard, jot down pro tips and share their scores with Facebook and Twitter friends.
These are some of the professional features offered in myGolfstats:
* Keeps track of golf stats
* No additional downloads or registrations required to track stats
* Includes fairways, GIR, scramble, sand saves, putts, score, handicap and more
* USGA handicap available for a nominal fee
* Post scores on a partner website as a free additional feature
* App is easy-to-use, fast, fun
* Set a goal and compare after each round
* Lets users know how far they hit each club
* Tips section allows players to jot down pointers from a pro
* View the scores of all golfers in a group
* Scorecard is always current and color coded for birdies, eagles, bogies, etc.
* Round summary stats are displayed for easy viewing, just like pros use on TV
* App calculates handicap after 5 rounds and continues updating
* Stats are displayed in graph form
* Score sharing with Facebook and Twitter friends
myGolfstats is appropriate for any level of golfing skill and is great for noting improvements and progress over a season.
* iPhone and iPod touch, iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
* 2.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
myGolfstats 2.0 is only $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Sports category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
Sports Data Systems is dedicated to providing the best stats in a fun fashion for all golfers, so they can improve their game. The myGolfstats app makes practice time more focused on the areas that need work. Golf is a game and Sports Data Systems makes it better and more fun. Copyright (C) 2010 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover & Edward Turner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.