December 3, 2010 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Edinburgh, Scotland - PointRelease Software today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of Unboxed Lite. Unboxed Lite is the free ad supported version of Unboxed, the QR (quick response) code reader for iPhone and iPod touch devices. PointRelease Software created Unboxed Lite to be an attractive, friendly and easy to use QR code reader while not compromising on scanning speed.
Unboxed Lite works great with iOS devices with auto-focus cameras. All you need to do is point the device at the code and Unboxed Lite with automatically focus and scan without any further interaction required. For other devices without auto-focus cameras, and an additional option for those with, Unboxed Lite offers photo library scanning enabling you to read codes already saved to your device.
When you scan a code with Unboxed Lite you can instantly act on that code by choosing to visit a URL, send an email, call a phone number, even make a FaceTime call or other actions depending on the code contents. Unboxed Lite also includes tips to aid in optimal QR code scanning.
Unboxed Lite's features include:
* Camera and Photo Library scanning (camera scanning requires auto-focus camera)
* Optimised scanning algorithms to ensure quick recognition and decoding
* One touch scanning, no resizing or having to press a second button to scan
* Support for URL, text, sms, phone number, YouTube video, FaceTime and email QR codes
* A clean and concise user interface, including tips on scanning
* Optimised for retina display
* iOS multi-tasking support
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 or an iPod touch 4th Gen (code scanning via camera)
* iPod touch 2nd or 3rd generation, iPhone 3G (camera roll code reading)
* Minimum OS: iOS 4.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Unboxed Lite 1.0 is available for free worldwide exclusively on the App Store in the Utilities category. Also available from PointRelease Software is the ad free version of Unboxed, available now in the App Store for $1.99 (USD).
PointRelease Software is based in Edinburgh, Scotland and is run by independent developer and entrepreneur, Mark Reid. We are currently working on several iOS apps for the App Store and are also available to hire for other projects. At PointRelease Software we believe in creating compelling user interfaces that, while simple, empower our users. All that backed up by code that is well written, commented and thoroughly tested before final release. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 2010 PointRelease Software / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.