December 13, 2010 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Berlin, Germany - AppBC today is pleased to announce that TouchAble app for iPad, dedicated controller for Ableton Live, is now updated to 1.1.1 and available for download on Apple's App Store. After their major update last month, TouchAble 1.1.1 comes with new extra features, such as direct access to waveform view in Live, momentary mode on device page, multi sends in 4 tracks view mode, selectable colors of volume and send faders and many more. All of theses extra features will help Ableton Live and TouchAble users to get a better visibility within their livesets.
TouchAble development team commented: "this release is starting a new series of regular touchAble's updates, which enhance control over Ableton Live, and will give multi options depending on whether the type of user runs the app. We want to keep touchAble easy to use and clear, but always more powerful and flexible. Ableton live is a fantastic DAW, but also a creative instrument by its own, used by a large group of various users, whether they be producer, dj, sound designer, sound performer, singer, guitarist, drummer, sound engineer, movie composer...we want that TouchAble becomes the best controller for each of them."
New Features in 1.1.1:
* Different colors for stop toggles depending on the playing status of the corresponding track
* Send & volume faders reflect the color of the corresponding track in Live
* A second tap on "Volume" in the Mixer-menu while showing 4 tracks will enable slim Volume Send A/B/C faders at once for each track.
* Do a long tap on a clip to focus its waveform within Live and select it for Clip Manipulation
* Momentary mode on Device Page. When toggle mode is active (Button in the lower left corner of the device module) you can do a long press on a device to only momentarily change its state. To toggle the device do a short tap.
* Playing position indicator for non-looped clips.
* for clips that start playing normally and start looping at a later time we added a playing position indicator that shows the time remaining till the loop (up to 16 bars)
* Clips & Stop buttons now flash in sync with the bpm of the set currently controlled
* Under some circumstances it was not possible to enable / disable devices
* Stop button for track 1 not flashing
* Meters not being shown after changing width of clips
touchAble is an unique iPad app is the first application to give Ableton Live users full control over their digital audio workstation, without the tiresome process of manual midi-mapping. touchAble allows live users to walk away from their computer and perform live from anywhere within Wi-Fi range (using ad-hoc connection or router) while keeping latency at a minimum.
it includes five modules and two command menus, including grid clip, mixer, devices, keys, pads, transport, clip, provide a powerful, intuitive and reliable multitouch control solution for professional use. touchAble includes templates for lives plugins and is fully compatible with vsts, audiounits and instruments.
TouchAble is supported by many professional musicians, performers, djs and composers around the world, who use touchAble on stage or in studio.
"TouchAble team put a tremendous amount of work in this app. My deep respect for it. Still discovering all the details." (Robert Henke/ monolake)
"Congratulations on making the kind of App that justifies my purchase of the iPad in the first place! I love how ergonomic the graphic layout is. The client software is outstanding and simple to set up" Vernon Reid - (Living Colour, Yohimbe Brothers)
"You guys did an amazing job integrating your software with Ableton. " Nosaj Thing
"It's amazingly stable and definitely supa easy to use!
I tried many different options for Ipad, but nothin' can compete.
This is a hit! 10/10" Ripperton
"What I have seen is by far the best Ableton -> iPad App I have tested so far. Much respect from here" Henrik Schwarz
"So far, so good, I'm really happy the way the app works out." Aril Brikha
Future Music Uk:
"You may think about touchAble and an iPad instead of a hardware controller. A compliment indeed."
Musictech Mag Uk:
"It can handle the majority of performance or interactive elements within Live without requiring any manual controller design or mapping, making it an easy-to-use but nonetheless powerful Live controller." 9/10
"The cheaper, more fully featured touchAble is a clear all-round winner. Its advanced control options give it the advantage in terms of power and make it the obvious choice for studio use and live performance."
De:Bug Mag De:
"Definitely a recommendation for all iPad users who think about buying a controller for Live - even though touchAble isn't able to deliver haptic feedback in many areas it has advantages to physical controllers. It's worth it - even for studio-use."
* iPad with iOS 3.1 or later
* Ableton Live 8.1.1 minimum
* Mac OSX 10.5 and above or Windows XP, Vista, windows 7
* touchAble server (downloadable for free
Pricing and Availability:
TouchAble 1.1.1 is 19.99 Euro/$24.99 (US) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in Music Category.
AppBC is a iOS applications developing company based in Berlin, Germany. Copyright (C) 2010 AppBC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.