May 5, 2008 in Mac OSX (E)
[prMac.com] Fairfield, Iowa - CopyPaste is the original multiple clip utility for the Mac. CopyPaste has been massively popular since its first release. What has made it so widely appreciated? Usefulness. CopyPaste magnifies and multiplies the usefulness of the humble clipboard.
One of the revolutionary features that came with the Mac in 1984 was the unique ability to select text or pictures, etc, then copy that data into a clipboard, to hold that content temporarily and then paste it in the same application or a different one. The clipboard was used to transfer all kinds of info between programs on the Mac, and later this feature was imitated in many other operating systems.
A few years later CopyPaste was the first application to add multiple clipboards. This meant that more data could be moved in less time. CopyPaste also allowed these multiple clipboards to be displayed, edited, archived and saved through restarts. CopyPaste revealed the untapped potential of the Mac clipboard.
The latest incarnation of CopyPaste has those same underlying abilities, but with this latest version unveiled in 2008 (CopyPaste Pro) a new instantly available window (like the Apple application switcher) that lets you navigate through the Clip History and Clip Archive with a speed and ease that is again as revolutionary as the first version of CopyPaste. An editor called Bean is now part of the CopyPaste Pro ecology. Bean allows you to edit clipboards. It is profoundly simple and extremely powerful.
CopyPaste Pro Features:
* Multiple (unlimited depending on memory) clipboards available by hotkey, menu, contextual menu and clip browser.
* Save all clipboards thru restarts. Never lose an edit again. This alone is a savior.
* Clip History maintains a stack of cuts or copies and even drags.
* Clip Editor (Bean) allows immediate editing of any clip and also is an excellent word processor.
* Clip Archives to keep available info you use repeatedly
* The Clip Browser allow viewing the contents of any clipboard.
* Drag images from Safari directly into the clip history
* Clip Tools to act on clipboard data in dozens of useful ways that save time like: - Email extractor which grabs email addresses from large amounts of text - Url extractor grabs url's from large chunks of text and many others
* Drag and drop any clip in the clip browser and to/from applications
* Contextual menus to give easy access to the clipboards from anywhere
* With the clip editor open text, PDF, RTF, HTML, Apple Archive and many other file types
* Easy ways to organize and make available all the clipboard data for reuse.
* Many more features built in and more coming....
CopyPaste has been available for over 10 years. Users of those earlier version (CopyPaste+yType, CopyPaste-X, CopyPaste Classic) may be interested in the changes from those earlier versions.
* Universal Binary. Native on Intel and PowerPC, perfect for Mac OS Tiger (10.4), Leopard (10.5) and beyond.
* Much faster; especially on Intel Macs and in Leopard.
* Rewritten in Cocoa and Objective C, to access the latest Mac OS X features for fast and rock-solid development and upgrades.
* The clip editor (called Bean) is now a powerful word processor.
* Many new ways to view, browse, edit and act on clips.
* New easier and simpler interface that follows the look and feel of Apple's Dock and Application Switcher.
It costs nothing to try it out and CopyPaste Pro will immediately save you time and energy.
Script Software has been making essential software for the Macintosh and Windows since 1987. They are the creators of the award winning CopyPaste, iClock, iKey, iWatermark, KnowledgeMiner, iBeenFramed, Project Timer Pro, ID Tunes, iSay, Easy Card, iStar Karaoke, iStar Composer, iView, MountWatcher, ChatFX and NetCheck. Their software has been featured and used in major motion pictures and is in use by corporations, educational institutions and individuals.