December 16, 2010 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Chicago, Illinois - Renkara Media Group today announced their award-winning language software AccelaStudy is now a Universal application available for iPhone, iPod touch, and now the iPad. The updated application offers entirely new artwork for the larger iPad screen as well as a full iPad experience including support for both portrait and landscape orientations. As a Universal application, customers purchase AccelaStudy once and can install the application on any iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad they own. Existing AccelaStudy customers can download the new version as a free update.
AccelaStudy provides an extensive set of language vocabulary tools for serious students and leads the competition with offerings in Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Ukrainian.
In contrast to competing applications, the Universal version of AccelaStudy is a free update for all existing AccelaStudy customers. "When the iPad was announced, we knew we wanted to create a world-class version of AccelaStudy for it. We could have released an iPad-specific version of AccelaStudy earlier but the right thing to do for our customers was to take the time and make the app Universal," said Charles Sieg, Renkara Media Group's founder. "A Universal app increases the value of our customers' original investment in AccelaStudy. The response has been fantastic - customers are surprised and excited to find this great new update."
AccelaStudy uses an advanced spaced repetition algorithm which helps a user spend more time studying new and unfamiliar words and less time on words already mastered. As the user studies, AccelaStudy tracks the user's progress and optimizes the study session automatically. As a student learns words, new words are automatically introduced. If a student shows they are forgetting previously learned words, those words are reprioritized for further practice.
Popular features of AccelaStudy include:
* A comprehensive 2,300 word vocabulary list divided into more than 60 subject areas, including travel, food, occupational, health and body, and even advanced topics such as economics, investment banking, and finance.
* Students can create custom study sets of vocabulary words within the application. Study sets can be of any size. Custom study sets allow a student to focus on words which are more interesting or important to them.
* Several modes of study, including flashcards and two quiz modes, allow the student to study in the fashion most comfortable and intuitive for them. Quiz modes are an excellent way to measure progress.
* All vocabulary words are quickly searchable making it easy to look up unfamiliar words on the go.
AccelaStudy was the first language application available in the App Store and has been dowloaded over 4 million times.
* Apple iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad with iOS 4.2 installed
Pricing and Availability:
AccelaStudy is priced at $9.99 (USD), and is available for immediate download exclusively through Apple's iTunes App Store.
Renkara Media Group, Inc. was founded in 2000 and is a leading provider of education and entertainment software for Apple mobile devices. Since the release of the iPhone SDK, it specializes in applications for iPhone, iPod touch, and now the iPad, particularly in the development of education, entertainment, and reference products. Renkara Media Group has successfully delivered over 300 inspired applications to the iTunes App Store. Apple, iTunes, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. in the United States and other countries.