December 27, 2010 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Toronto (ON) Canada - AFK Studio today is pleased to announce the released of "The Funnies", quite possibly the best way to organize, read and share over 390 of the most popular comic strips and editorial cartoons on the web. "The Funnies" features a warm, organic touch-based interface designed to make the user feel like they are interacting directly with the comics. A search-based interface can be used to create a "virtual billboard" with all the user's favourite comics, which can be viewed individually through a scrollable interface whose design is inspired by a well-worn wooden table.
Some of the app's features include:
* A beautiful, organic interface inspired by the warm tones of word, and designed to make the user feel like they are manipulating the comics directly
* A database of over 390 comic strips and editorial cartoons from all over the web that is automatically updated from the Internet - at no additional cost - without requiring updates to the app itself
* The ability to create a "virtual billboard" of the all the user's favourite comics, which are updated automatically as new strips are released
* The ability to read all the favourites through a continuous, scroll-based interface that allows for zooming in and out and supports a variety of gestures
* A unique "film-strip" interface for quickly jumping from one favourite comic to another
* Support for saving a comic strip to the iPad's photo album, or sharing through e-mail, Facebook or Twitter, with a visually stunning interface inspired by Apple's own iOS folders
* The ability to visit a comic strip's website
The Funnies takes full advantage of the operating system's multi-tasking capabilities, allowing the user to interrupt the app and resume from the same position.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2.1 or later
* 11.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The Funnies 1.0 is only $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category. Review codes available; please contact us.
Based in Toronto, Canada, AFK Studio hand-crafts apps for iOS under the principle that good software starts from a great user experience. Copyright (C) 2010 AFK Studio. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.