Kevin Quinn announces Cast Off Calculator for Mac OS X
May 15, 2008 in Publishing
[prMac.com] Dorchester, United Kingdom - Kevin Quinn announces Cast Off Calculator for Mac OS X. Cast off calculator is a FilemakerPro runtime application for calculating and generating cast offs, the system used in publishing to specify the number of pages a book or publication will have, as well as the number of pages dedicated to each chapter/section.
Extremely easy to use, cast off calculator makes it simple and quick for book/publication designers to develop layouts, and avoid costly delays in under/over spec layouts.
* Set fixed pages for prelims, index, individual signatures.
* Vary the number of works per page and/or the number of pictures per page to get the extent you desire.
* See at a glance where your chapters/sections will start and end.
* Print a report to use as you proceed with the layout, recording actual pagination as you go.
Example Minimum Requirements:
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* G4 Processor, 1GHz or faster
* 82.5 MB Hard Drive space
Cast off calculator has been tested on PPC and Intel Macs running Tiger and Leopard.
Based just outside Dorchester, in Dorset, The Mac Guy began life as an Apple Mac technical support, repair, training and consultancy company. In business for over three years, we've been able to offer support and training to a wide range of local businesses and individuals. We provide prompt, efficient, and cost-effective support, customised training, hardware and software consultancy, print design, web and Filemaker Pro database development/consultancy, and impartial advice on any aspect of using Apple Macs. More recently, we've branched into publishing, specialising in art books (traditional and digital art). We're currently looking to expand in this area, and are keen to hear from artists/authors interesting in getting their ideas into print.