January 6, 2011 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Salt Lake City, Utah - infiniteNIL Software today is pleased to release version 2.0 of Packrat, its Mac OS X desktop client for 37signals' Backpack web application. Packrat 2.0 has been accepted into the Mac App Store and will be available there on opening day, as well as the infiniteNIL website.
Packrat uses the Backpack API to download your Backpack data to your computer. You can view and edit the data much like you do in Backpack, whether or not you are connected to the internet. Whenever you make a change, Packrat records the change. The next time you are connected to the internet, Packrat again uses the Backpack API to send those changes to Backpack, keeping everything in sync.
Packrat 2 adds the following new features:
* Packrat is now a document-based application so it can support multiple Backpack accounts. Just create a document for each account
* Editing of page items is now inline, just like on Backpack
* Use drag and drop to reorder page contents
* Attachments and images are now downloaded when you sync so you can access them when youíre offline
* Packratís page rendering has been completely redone to allow things like inline editing and other enhancements that will come in future versions
And Packrat still does the things it always has like:
* Use your Backpack data offline and keep it in sync when youíre back online
* Uses Growl to notify you of your reminders
* Quickly delete all your completed list items with a single click
* Hide your completed list items to save screen real estate.
* Integrate Packrat into your Automator actions with the Synchronize with Backpack automator action
* Use AppleScript to manipulate your Backpack data however you want
* Packrat requires Mac OS X 10.6.5 or higher, and a Backpack account
Pricing and Availability:
Packrat is available at an introductory price of $19.99 (USD) and is available from infiniteNIL's website and the Mac App Store. A 30-day trial is available. Free Backpack accounts are available from their website.
Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, infiniteNIL, LLC was founded by Rod Schmidt in 2003. The company develops personal productivity software for Mac OS X, iOS, and offers Cocoa and Rails custom development services. Copyright (C) 2011 infiniteNIL, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.