January 6, 2011 in Financial (E)
[prMac.com] Putney, Vermont - IGG Software today is pleased to announce the availability of iBank 4.1 via Apple's new Mac App Store. The leading Mac-only personal finance application, iBank offers users an elegant, intuitive means to manage their money. Now the launch of the Mac App Store gives new iBank purchasers the opportunity for simplified installation and updates alongside the program's existing features, such as the ability to download bank transactions, track investments, create budgets, generate detailed reports or enter and sync transactions from an iPhone or iPod touch.
"iBank 4 has already set a new standard for money management on the Mac," says iBank's developer, IGG president Ian Gillespie. "Now Mac users have the choice and convenience of downloading, installing and updating iBank software right from the Mac App Store."
iBank 4.1 includes major improvements such as:
* Three new report templates (Forecast, Category Detail and Expense Timeline);
* Enhancements to the Portfolio report, adding at-a-glance summary information;
* A new "daily" interval option for reports; a new report set-up assistant for enhanced customization and control over report content;
* New contextual menus allowing for easy batch editing;
* Support for CSV data import;
* The option of hiding images from the account register;
* An expandable window for editing split transactions;
* A new overlay view showing dates, categories, etc. (depending on the sort) that appears when scrubbing through large lists of transactions;
* And 1Password integration, allowing for more streamlined and secure bank account log-ins.
iBank 4.1 offers many other minor enhancements, as well as numerous fixes relating to improved QIF import, better updating from iBank 3 and much more.
The version of iBank 4 available from the Mac App Store offers the identical features and support as other copies of iBank, with only some differences in authentication and updating. Among the advantages of purchasing applications through the Mac App Store are one-stop shopping for all software; the elimination of serial numbers and license keys; and automatic updates not requiring reinstallation.
Syncing iBank to iOS devices requires iBank Mobile 1.2 for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, sold separately via the App Store. The app offers mobile transaction entry, QIF data export and full sync with iBank via Wi-Fi, MobileMe or any WebDAV server.
iBank 4 offers free, unlimited support and is available for $59.99 (USD) from the Mac App Store starting today. For further information, review licenses, or to schedule interviews with Ian Gillespie or Chief Architect James Gillespie, please contact IGG Marketing Director Scott Marc Becker.
IGG Software, Inc., was founded in 2003 by developer Ian Gillespie to offer intuitive, elegant and powerful applications for individuals and small businesses. Based in Putney, Vermont, its flagship products are iBank 4, for personal finance management, and iBiz 4, for time-tracking and billing. Copyright (C) 2003-2011 IGG Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Mac OSX are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.